Esee Avispa 90 degree spine?

I used to have a rat 1, ended up selling it; it used to have a scary sharp 90 degree which was great for lighting up ferro rods, and it was a good pocket knife all around. Can’t find it online atm, but I could get an Avispa, which is very similar overall and designed by the same people as the rat1; does it have a 90 degree spine as sharp as the rat1?

I don't know the answer to the question, but my two cents:

You can mod any knife spine to 90° yourself, fairly easily on sharpening stones or diamond plates.

Sharp spines to throw sparks are less much desirable to me than nice crowned spines for enhanced comfort in every other use of the knife. I carry a lighter instead.

I don't know the answer to the question, but my two cents:

You can mod any knife spine to 90° yourself, fairly easily on sharpening stones or diamond plates.

Sharp spines to throw sparks are less much desirable to me than nice crowned spines for enhanced comfort in every other use of the knife. I carry a lighter instead.
I have no need to throw sparks, easy enough to carry lighters, which I don't even do that. A nice smooth spine is much more ideal

I agree on that.
I'm pushing the spine of my knife with my left thumb when whittling wood or when I do some delicate cuts. So, for me rounded spine is the way to go.
I can strike my ferro rod with a striker I got with it or I just use my Zippo or my Bic.

I have no need to throw sparks, easy enough to carry lighters, which I don't even do that. A nice smooth spine is much more ideal
Yeah, but ferro rods are fun to use and I can impress my doughter and her boyfriend when I use my ferro rod to light my grill. 😉
I also got myself a magnesium rod to impress them even more.
But I agree about smooth spines.

but I could get an Avispa, which is very similar overall and designed by the same people as the rat1; does it have a 90 degree spine as sharp as the rat1?
Hard to tell from the photos but looks like it doesn't have a very rounded spine so I guess you won't need an angle grinder to turn it to a scraper.

I've only ever seen one Avispa a few years ago when they were released, the spine's edges were knocked down with stone washing most likely. I had a bigger problem with it, which I'm not sure if it was resolved or not, the detent and the way the clip actually applied pressure to the lockbar made it a pain to open and once it was open the action was incredibly bad. At that price get an Ontario Rat 1/2, or literally any of the new budget bangers from Civivi and the rest of them.

Back