First close up Look,New Kershaw: Thermite #3880 (SPANTO INSIDE!)

I don't know what it is about this knife that keeps drawing my attention, but I must have stared at the pics a dozen times today! :rolleyes:
Must add one to my collection...or maybe 2 :D

I overlooked this earlier, passing it off for another one of the budget kershaws that I don't like as much. A second look says otherwise and I'm probably going to get this once it's out. Too bad there's no top view of the spine.

Will it have a detent where the spring can be removed to make it a manual?

Edit: Just saw this was already asked. Does anyone know yet?

I love that the clip is the same as the Cryo. Deep carry with the Kershaw logo. So that means I can take my Cryo clip and put it on the G10 side for lefty carry, and it'll match just fine. Yummm. Spanto? Sounds like a nice drink.

You're going to have clips on both sides?

Negative. He means since he is lefty, he can put the deep carry clip on the g10 non locking side.

I guess what's confusing is why would you use the Cryo clip and not the one that comes with the Thermite?

Since they are the same?

I guess what's confusing is why would you use the Cryo clip and not the one that comes with the Thermite?

Since they are the same?

They are actually a little different. Cryo is black so it will match (color) the g10. This one is also imprinted with the logo compared to the printed, or etched one on the cryo.

They are actually a little different. Cryo is black so it will match (color) the g10. This one is also imprinted with the logo compared to the printed, or etched one on the cryo.

Oh, black. Yeah that will look better. I didn't even think about the color.

Thanks.

I just watched the video a couple times during the Thermite exposé. I hope what Jen was flipping around is close to actual production?

If so I heard a click when the blade was closed and opened that sounds like it does have a detent hole in the blade, so just removing the torsion bar makes it a manual flipper too. We'll see.
(I didn't notice this click sound in RJ's knife, which scares me and it didn't lock open when flipped, she had to manually pull it open/locked, hmm. . . I hope it gets the corresponding detent hole in the blade too.)

Also it looks like the blade is hollow ground with a flat ground tip, so dual grind. Awesome! I just hope they leave a big flat tip portion for piercing strength. I think the flat ground tip should start where the cutting edge turns up, it looks uneven and not enough of a flat ground tip area. The only issue I see that would make it less than perfect.

I can't wait!

Last edited:
I'm usually not one to jump on a preorder but for the price and the design I couldn't help myself.

Thanks for clearing it up for me sir. :D I didn't see the questions, but you know exactly how I operate.

Back