Fixed blades

I'm the same way, more fixed than folders. Pics?
Lets try these….

8sqmNhw.jpg

y7oZM2T.jpg

bmUEVjF.jpg

xdSG128.jpg
MzoPCip.jpg

vsxqjjU.jpg
ySskf1M.jpg

0mLrmO4.jpg
pvUTwF6.jpg

Thanks, I could go on all day lol, shit I have knives I’ve never even taken pics of haha. Thats a beautiful integral hunter that Ben made up for me, the blade is roughly 4” on it, walnut handle with a hammered bronze pin and spacer.

eDREoZj.jpg

XtOsD82.jpg

MZ5SstT.jpg
Dude. You are. Killing me. Absolutely gorgeous! I thought it had a ben look to it and I love that size.

Ever get a knife thats just so perfect and cool that it makes you laugh with joy? This one did it. It feels like it weighs 3oz due to the super thin forging and grind.
My motorcycle does that for me, I completely get it. Ben makes functional art, tools of beauty. Best part is he's young, much more to come!

The wonderful thing about fixed blades is that you have way fewer things to stress about. No worries about lockup, lock failure, blade centering, pivot action, cleaning between the scales after a bit of fruit slips inside, drop shut, etc. If you get one from a quality brand like ESEE or Becker, you’re pretty much good to go unless the QC on your unit is bad. There’s something inherently elegant and satisfying with a single piece of steel with no moving parts.

For fixed blades, I usually alternate between a Mora Kansbol and Recon Tanto.

Back