Found!

Well if all these knives have been lost, someone must have found them, especially someone always looking for the one they lost.
What have you found?

Well, I found my Kershaw Boa that was MIA for about six weeks. Found it stuck down in the cushions of the couch (along with about 68 cents, LOL).

And I found my SAK with cigar cutter blade after about a year of looking for it. It was in one of the pockets of my camera bag.

I've never found anybody elses knife though. I'm always looking! :D

I seem to find stuff all the time. Over the years i have found several hundred dollars. As far as knives, I have found a small SAK, a Buck fixed blade (which I promptly lost), and a Buck 303,which I still hae and used to carry alot until I started getting newer knives. I also found a timex right after it was run over by a bus...and it was still ticking. Peace, Josh

Josh,
I think that you might have stumbled onto the set of a timex commercial.
LOL
I Just had to say that!

Years ago I found a knife in the back off a truck.
It's a Dutch armyknife for the groundforces.
Made by Victorinox, Switserland, and brand new!!
It has the inscription KL 83, it's almost 20 years old now and still looking as new!
So keep your eye's wide open, you'll never know what's on your way.
In Holland they say, "Een vliegende kraai, vangt altijd wat"!!
A flying crow always catch someting!
Happy finding.:D

Hey Theo, over here we have a saying.... The flying crow always seems to take a poop over my freshly washed car!;)

I found a Gerber lightweight at the mall about 15 years ago. Still have that. Found a Camillus slipjoint on a river bed which cleaned up OK. Everything else has been rusty junk.

Actually it was my brother who did the finding. One year I lost a Gerber Mark I in several feet of snow way up on a mountain in Utah. The next summer my brother found it. It was nicely pitted (stainless will rust!) but it made its way home again. The chances of him finding it were next to nil, but stranger things have happened.

I found a custom knife washed up on the Montauk shoreline!
It was definately hand made...
Looked like something out of a prison movie, probably made from a bedspring with a crude wooden handle.
Prolly a homemade bait knife that went overboard.
Still got it after 15 or so years :)

Sis found my V-nox Explorer in the sofa. Exactly the place where i looked before i gave up about a year ago. guess shes only has smaller hands than me...

I found a cheapy lockback folder while I was deer hunting two years ago. I was in the middle of the woods and I noticed something sticking out of the ground, sure enough it was a folder. The thing was covered in rust and looked like it had been there for awhile. The knife was a cheapy but an interesting find in the middle of BFE ;)

Ryan

I swear to god...My wife brought me a CRKT folder yesterday that she found covered with dirt and mud. I don't know that model it is, but it's a STURDY, fairly large folder with heavy steel scales that have "Mayo-type" holes. This folder "cleaned-up" pretty nicely, and made a fun "project" for yesterday!.:).:).

was a schrade old timer when I was 18 years old and really was my first knife I ever loved that I owned I whittled a bunch of figures with it. I used it so much

then a police officer confiscated it. after pulling the hammer back on a .357 magnum barrel pointing at my head. never hitchhike in bergan(SP?) county NJ. I'll miss that but glad his finger didn't slip. He was a nervous & scared psyco.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Found a Leatherman Super Tool on the road one day.
35 miles of dirt road from the ranch into town, lotsa other folks seem to travel it anymore... lose stuff. Usually tho its screwdrivers, or the occasional tire iron, might get lucky tho, find a nice 4-way. Rarely knives/multi-tools.

In the past few years I've found a few I lost when I was 8 or 9.

Nothing much really exciting tho.

The tale of my lost ATCF is unique in that I took delivery on it, carried it for a few months, lost it, then found it 10 years later.

I carried it for another couple of days, then lost it for good, I'm certain (old story).

My most treasured find however, was an old Case folder that I bought as a hunting knife for my first deer hunt, when I was 15. I just kind of misplaced it - I thought for good - but rediscovered it last year packed away in a box in the garage.:)

AL

I'm 36 now and in the last 30 years I have carried a knife nearly every day. Only once have I ever lost a knife. When I was 12 or 13 my mom gave me a Schrade barlow jackknife with a scrimshawed fox on the handle. I had it with me a few years later when I was 17 and had tried to hitchhike about 50 miles away to visit a lovely redhead in her mid twenties who I had a thing going with. I had started out late and ended up spending the night in the woods trying to catch a few winks. When I arrived at the young woman's house I was dismayed to discover that my knife was missing. I was too preoccupied to care much about it at the time but I vowed to return to the spot in the woods one day and look for it. About 3 months later I finally had gotten a car and payed yet another visit to Sarah but on the way I stopped at the place where I'd spent that very uncomfortable night and sure enough it was still there. Little bit of rust and pitting but I've still got it today. The sexy redhead, alas, is long gone and married.

Back