Leather GEC ‘23 Blade forums knife sheaths

Design and make a leather slip for the 2023 BF knife for the 3rd year?

• Yay

Votes: 27 100.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Brown or tan. Dare I say I almost look more forward to this than the knife 🙃
That is quite the comment. Thank you. ☺️ I also look forward to this time and that folks like to carry my work. It’s humbling.

Agreed on the brown, to complement the knife. Is camel leather a thing? Would be fitting for a "hump back".
Not sure how much camel leather would be. Or how source-able and workable it would be. But that would be something else!

Sooo….it’s arrived!!! This is a fantastic GEC!

I’ve got the leather picked out and purchased. Super super nice! Sunday/Monday will be designing and hopefully starting on a couple protos!
Keep your eyes peeled!
E52BBC09-AD6D-49A1-AF93-4EDF7DD1ADB9.jpeg

Well…I should have something to show you all in the next few days!!! Woohoo!!!

This year there is no special stamp though. It proved very difficult to design something that wasn’t huge or kinda childish.
I hope that the S&F logo will suffice. :)

For the folks who are following this thread…a question.
I have made proto’s of the ‘23 BF knife sheath now with a looser fit than last year. I had some feedback that last year’s sheaths were a little hard to squeeze for folks with hand issues.

My question is: would you prefer to have it fit tightly? Or snug so that the sheath would fit more sizes of traditional knives?

FYI, this new sheath is exciting for me. I like it. It is also thinner (but still robust enough) than last year’s sheath.

Thanks for reading my ramblings and your comments are appreciated and encouraged. I’d like ya’ll to get what you’re hoping for. :)

Sincerely,
Coleman

I have made proto’s of the ‘23 BF knife sheath now with a looser fit than last year. I had some feedback that last year’s sheaths were a little hard to squeeze for folks with hand issues.

My question is: would you prefer to have it fit tightly? Or snug so that the sheath would fit more sizes of traditional knives?

FYI, this new sheath is exciting for me. I like it. It is also thinner (but still robust enough) than last year’s sheath.

Thanks for reading my ramblings and your comments are appreciated and encouraged. I’d like ya’ll to get what you’re hoping for. :)

Sincerely,
Coleman
I prefer a tighter fit specific to BF23 and can't wait for the reveal!

Last edited:

Sincerely,
Coleman
I’m usually in favor of sung. Doesn’t have to be crazy tight.

Here is mine in comparison with the sheath for the CRK small Sebenza.
53305086119_4ab848dc9c_z.jpg

This is much too loose for me with the BF23. I think I would prefer if it were easy to slide out, but not loose enough to fall out.

Here is a bit different comparison, the BF23 in the sheath for the Buck 501 Larrin.
53304978788_96face8158_c.jpg

53303870637_654c68f9b0_c.jpg

With the cutout, it is easy to grab and slide out and it doesn't fall out either. It's kind of cool to see the number this way. While the clip is interesting, I never use the clip and it adds extra layers, thickness, and cost.

Edit: Showing pics to add context to my 'fit' comments.

Last edited:
Here is mine in comparison with the sheath for the CRK small Sebenza.
53305086119_4ab848dc9c_z.jpg

This is much too loose for me with the BF23. I think I would prefer if it were easy to slide out, but not loose enough to fall out.

Here is a bit different comparison, the BF23 in the sheath for the Buck 501 Larrin.
53304978788_96face8158_c.jpg

53303870637_654c68f9b0_c.jpg

With the cutout, it is easy to grab and slide out and it doesn't fall out either. It's kind of cool to see the number this way. While the clip is interesting, I never use the clip and it adds extra layers, thickness, and cost.
I’ve got a bit different of a personal style than those. ;) But I caught your drift. :)

Back