Giveaways of new knife kits!!!

Hi @Blues , sorry to bug you, but I can't quite figure out the answer to this question. Can JINKNIVES JINKNIVES post a link to their Amazon store as a dealer? I know that Amazon links are normally not permissible, but I don't know if the dealer status alters that.

I'm not a mod with say on the matter, but just repeating what the rules in this forum state. Why would his personal Amazon store be prohibited when he paid for a dealer membership which allows him to promote his external sales channels? He would be linking to his own account.
Thank you for bringing this question up for me. Before I get the certain answer, anybody who gets interested, please reach to jinknifekits@gmail.com for more information. Thank you!😊😊

10 Likes? Maybe I have a shot..

I would buy a kit for myself if the price is right because I haven't gotten into taking knives apart for fear of screwing up something I paid good money for. I do have cheap knives I can practice on but those are kind of not worth it and some are put together significantly different. So if I had one of these kits it'd force me to take that step and get my hands dirty.

As far as other materials, not only alternatives to D2 but what about blade style?

Oh, and maybe I'd buy one for a friend and put it together for them if I start feeling confident about it and if there are options to significantly customize a build sort of like a desktop PC.

I would buy a kit for myself if the price is right because I haven't gotten into taking knives apart for fear of screwing up something I paid good money for. I do have cheap knives I can practice on but those are kind of not worth it and some are put together significantly different. So if I had one of these kits it'd force me to take that step and get my hands dirty.

As far as other materials, not only alternatives to D2 but what about blade style?

Oh, and maybe I'd buy one for a friend and put it together for them if I start feeling confident about it and if there are options to significantly customize a build sort of like a desktop PC.
Wow, good luck! Hope you win it and conquer the fear of taking knives apart!
I mean, for our knife kit, it is fine to assemble and disassemble whenever you need.
For us, the most important thing for knives is great performance, “knife kit” is an added-on idea to make it fun and useful.

Yes, we will have different designs, including blade shapes, materials, locking types...
Hope our business grow big, and enhance the ability of customization.😁😁

Well color me convinced. My 9 year old daughter and I built our knife last night, and it was a lot of fun. I feel like the kit is no more "knife making" than building a lego set is "model building", but I was amazed that the difficulty was very comparable to assembling a Lego set. It was extremely easy and fun, and the resulting knife seems to be very good quality.

I appreciated that the kit contained everything needed to assemble the knife. I thought I would need to use my own tools, but everything including the torx screw drivers and oil was included. I especially appreciated the little features like the milled side of the pivot pin that enabled easy indexing of all of the scale and liner components. A big part of why I don't like taking my knives apart unless I actually need to repair them is that many knives lack these little aids to allow an untrained person correctly assemble the knife. On that same note, I found the pivot tightening screw set up that allowed me to dial in the centering and fit shockingly easy to use. I have spent so long on some other knives trying to get things right, this one was really easy. Everything was really easy, and the quality seems really good for the price.

I thought this would just be a gimmick that I tried because I won it, but I will likely recommend these knives to folks. I appreciate the D2 knife steel (the blade came literally shaving sharp), and the ceramic bearings. The flipping action is very nice and smooth. The jimping doesn't have much bite, but it is in line with other knives in this price range, while I think the steel and bearings are a bargain at the price. The lockup is right on with zero wiggle in any direction. I was really impressed, and I honestly didn't expect to be. I'm glad I won this GAW.

full

full

full

Well color me convinced. My 9 year old daughter and I built our knife last night, and it was a lot of fun. I feel like the kit is no more "knife making" than building a lego set is "model building", but I was amazed that the difficulty was very comparable to assembling a Lego set. It was extremely easy and fun, and the resulting knife seems to be very good quality.

I appreciated that the kit contained everything needed to assemble the knife. I thought I would need to use my own tools, but everything including the torx screw drivers and oil was included. I especially appreciated the little features like the milled side of the pivot pin that enabled easy indexing of all of the scale and liner components. A big part of why I don't like taking my knives apart unless I actually need to repair them is that many knives lack these little aids to allow an untrained person correctly assemble the knife. On that same note, I found the pivot tightening screw set up that allowed me to dial in the centering and fit shockingly easy to use. I have spent so long on some other knives trying to get things right, this one was really easy. Everything was really easy, and the quality seems really good for the price.

I thought this would just be a gimmick that I tried because I won it, but I will likely recommend these knives to folks. I appreciate the D2 knife steel (the blade came literally shaving sharp), and the ceramic bearings. The flipping action is very nice and smooth. The jimping doesn't have much bite, but it is in line with other knives in this price range, while I think the steel and bearings are a bargain at the price. The lockup is right on with zero wiggle in any direction. I was really impressed, and I honestly didn't expect to be. I'm glad I won this GAW.

full

full

full
Thank you so much for sharing all the details!
“knife kit” idea really makes taking knives apart less intimidating, for repairing, for maintenance...
Overall, the performance of the resulting knife is the top priority.
Once again, I truly appreciate your honest feedback, and I am thrilled to know that you got impressed! 🥳

Well - I signed up for the giveaway and didn't win - did not expect to because I am a newbie
So I ordered the same kit that was won, I ordered through the vendor that the OP asked about during the thread
3 weeks after order vendor said they could not ship - I contacted OP
They contacted vendor - kit arrived very fast
OP apologized and gave me a choice of one of their G10 bladed kits - it arrived before the kit I ordered from vendor and I am totally happy with both kits
OP is standing behind their product and aiming to please customers :cool:

Well - I signed up for the giveaway and didn't win - did not expect to because I am a newbie
So I ordered the same kit that was won, I ordered through the vendor that the OP asked about during the thread
3 weeks after order vendor said they could not ship - I contacted OP
They contacted vendor - kit arrived very fast
OP apologized and gave me a choice of one of their G10 bladed kits - it arrived before the kit I ordered from vendor and I am totally happy with both kits
OP is standing behind their product and aiming to please customers :cool:
I am so glad you like the both kits😁
Well, I am grateful you contacted me first, and thank you for being patient waiting for 3 weeks!!
We want to create a good product experience for you, so yes, we will always be there for you!

Just wanted to check in, I got my kit but haven't put it together yet. Life has been tricky the last month but things are starting to settle down. I hope to put it together with my daughter this weekend. And I'll share my thoughts and pictures. Thank you and sorry for the delay.
Just hope you enjoy it!😊😊

I agree with a lot of this. Other blade styles such as a wharncliffe, sheepsfoot, clip point, or something more exotic would be nice.

One off runs in other steels could create demand if marketed right. CPM 154, 1095 for more traditional styled knives, 14c28n could be good options.

Different handle shapes more classically styled, or more rounded, or shorter handles for more discreet edc would be cool.

I have done the kit build from a different market with friends, so there is definitely a market for it.

I agree with a lot of this. Other blade styles such as a wharncliffe, sheepsfoot, clip point, or something more exotic would be nice.

One off runs in other steels could create demand if marketed right. CPM 154, 1095 for more traditional styled knives, 14c28n could be good options.

Different handle shapes more classically styled, or more rounded, or shorter handles for more discreet edc would be cool.

I have done the kit build from a different market with friends, so there is definitely a market for it.
Thank you for your kind suggestions!
We will have more models, material options coming up.
Hope more people get used to knife kit idea, and hope people can find the models they like from us.😊😊

Back