Got an inquiry? Shoot me a message here in this thread.

If I can make up an accurate size model of a fixed blade would you be comfortable making a sheath for my "knife"? I'm reluctant to have a custom fixed blade cross the border twice in order to have a new sheath.

No question though, a sheath from you would be worth my making the effort to create a model - likely out of wood.

That's my inquiry. 🤔

If I can make up an accurate size model of a fixed blade would you be comfortable making a sheath for my "knife"? I'm reluctant to have a custom fixed blade cross the border twice in order to have a new sheath.

No question though, a sheath from you would be worth my making the effort to create a model - likely out of wood.

That's my inquiry. 🤔

I’ll shoot ya a PM. :)

About anodizing...
I've got a Hinderer XM18 3.5.
But being the worst ham-fisted idiot possible: I made a mess of the area around the pivot.
But it wasn't the end of the World because the battle blue titanium didn't come close to matching the blue scale on the show side.anyway...
Could you repair what I buggered-up, and get it to match the scale a bit better?
Thanks!

About anodizing...
I've got a Hinderer XM18 3.5.
But being the worst ham-fisted idiot possible: I made a mess of the area around the pivot.
But it wasn't the end of the World because the battle blue titanium didn't come close to matching the blue scale on the show side.anyway...
Could you repair what I buggered-up, and get it to match the scale a bit better?
Thanks!

PM sent to ya. 😁

Do you have a Buck 124? If so, I’d like to know if you’re able and willing to make a flap sheath for one, as detailed in the WTB thread I made here:

I would like to know if it could be done without me sending my knife over to you. If not, is there any style of sheath that can be done without my knife being sent?

Thank you for your time and help with this.

Is there a particular leather that you use or does any work. also what do you think about stitching the sides as opposed to threading them with a rawhide strip. looking to make sheaths for my knives, Also what about a leather treatment for durability or water resistance. Thanks in advancen just not sure where to start.

Is there a particular leather that you use or does any work. also what do you think about stitching the sides as opposed to threading them with a rawhide strip. looking to make sheaths for my knives, Also what about a leather treatment for durability or water resistance. Thanks in advancen just not sure where to start.

Thanks for the question, Raider.

The type of leather all depends on what you are looking to do. If you are looking at stamping or embossing the leather, than tooling leather works best for me so far.
For someone just starting out, I would recommend the eco veg tanned leather from Tandy. It isn’t super expensive and dyes/tools well, in my opinion. Also, if you mess a few up, it’s not a big monetary loss.

I’m not sure what you mean about the difference between stitching and threading, I apologize.
I haven’t used rawhide for a thread in a long time, I’m currently trying out a new thread that is poly based and waxed.
Any of the waxed threads from the big leather supply places should work well for you. I use a variety of different gauge threads, and it will basically be a trial and error as you figure out which gauge work for your projects.

There are a number of protectants and finishes for leather out there. Wax is a good sealer and waterproofer. There is also an acrylic finish from Tandy that works well. It is highly buffable and brings the leather to a nice shine.
Currently, on all my wet formed sheaths I use neatsfoot oil after forming. It adds some “softness” back into the leather but still lets it retain it’s shape.

I am still learning and will always be learning.

There are a number of helpful threads in the “sheaths and such,” and the “embellish, maintenance and tinkering” subforms. I would suggest taking a gander in those subforums as all leatherheads use different materials and have different methods that work well for them. Having multiple suggestions from well established makers is a huge plus.

I’m not sure if I was very helpful, but good luck in your endeavour. Grab some leather, some thread, a few tools and giver a go.

Enjoy the journey!!

Thank you very much Sharp. By thread i meant material thread such as you mentioned and by stitching i meant using rawhide to seal the edge instaed of thread. i dont know if that is clear enough. Thanks for the info anyway very consice and now i can get started. Have a nice day.

I would like to know if your going to make any more slips in the streak pattern. If you making wallets I would like to get something started in the same pattern

I would like to know if your going to make any more slips in the streak pattern. If you making wallets I would like to get something started in the same pattern

Thanks for reaching out!

I can do the streak pattern on slips, yes. :)

I’ve been asked a couple times about minimalist wallets, however I have yet to make a wallet. It is on my “to do” list at some point, but currently I’m just working on slips and sheaths.

I’ll post up when I decide to start tackling wallets. :)

Thank you for your interest in my work.

Can we message Via Email And could i get your email address i have some specific questions

Back