Grip scales

u812

Gold Member
The girl at Blade said something about replacement scales coming soon for the grips in many colors. Is this still in the works. I need a set of zombie green ones.

Currently, the only way to get colored scales is to order a custom Griptilian through their Customize-a-Griptilian service. If they start offering replacement scales in different colors for a price, that is a good thing! Yes, Neon Green is an option.

Can always go the custom route.

20121231_124704.jpg

20120827_175240.jpg

The girl at Blade said they would be coming out with a new zombie green. I will get around to getting some Wilkens scales soon. Thinking of the pale green ones.

The girl at Blade said they would be coming out with a new zombie green. I will get around to getting some Wilkens scales soon. Thinking of the pale green ones.

If you want the swimming pool green, you'd better get it soon. There's no more of the G10 he makes them from. When they're gone, they're gone.

I've always assumed it would void the warranty if you put aftermarket scales on. Since BM may be coming out with some maybe not.
Does anyone know for sure?

I've always assumed it would void the warranty if you put aftermarket scales on. Since BM may be coming out with some maybe not.
Does anyone know for sure?

Just wanted to ask again. I'm pretty sure it would void the warranty, but I'm not really sure. Since BM plans on selling them maybe not.

Anyone know for sure ?

I know I could call BM, or start a thread, but was hoping someone reading this thread may know. Thanks.

I'm not sure that it would void the warranty but you can always put the original scale back on if it needs to be sent in for service.

Well that is their policy.
But, that's the thing about policies.
It's really Benchmades choice as to when they should enforce their policy or when they should not enforce their policy.
If the custom scales are pretty close to the original design and all the original hardware is used.
They will most likely honor the warranty.
If the custom scales are a radical change from the original and none of the original hardware is used.
They might not.
I have had several customers of mine ask BM this very question. Both before and after purchasing custom scales from me.
So far, so good!
However, it really is up to BM as to weather they honor the warranty or not.

I have no knowledge of any replacement scales becoming available through BM for customers to buy and install themselves.
Now that would suprise me.

Thanks to both of you for the replies.

Well that is their policy.
But, that's the thing about policies.
It's really Benchmades choice as to when they should enforce their policy or when they should not enforce their policy.
If the custom scales are pretty close to the original design and all the original hardware is used.
They will most likely honor the warranty.
If the custom scales are a radical change from the original and none of the original hardware is used.
They might not.
I have had several customers of mine ask BM this very question. Both before and after purchasing custom scales from me.
So far, so good!
However, it really is up to BM as to weather they honor the warranty or not.

I have no knowledge of any replacement scales becoming available through BM for customers to buy and install themselves.
Now that would suprise me.

Thanks for the Info Keyman:thumbup:
Looking at your great work is what got me to thinking about the subject, and maybe getting a Grip so I could get
some of your scales.

u812's comment below is what made me think BM may be coming out with some. I would want micarta though, and will get with you if I get a Grip. Thanks again.

The girl at Blade said something about replacement scales coming soon for the grips in many colors. Is this still in the works.

Seeing how you can pick from any number of 12 colors at the Customize a Grip site, I can't see why these aren't being offered for sale now.

Back