Hello, an introduction to myself and how my knife customizing came about.

JAGcustomknives

Specializing in The Buck 110
My name is Jerad Gilmar. I am 28 and live in B.C. Canada.

I once found an Elk antler shed, a nice little 5 spike not far from the cabin which I spent my summers as a youth at. That antler served as a great coat rack shoved into a metal jack post in our basement entrance. One day it was holding one too many coats and it broke.
I came to buying a Buck 110 at the local Canadian Tire and replacing the scales on it. The end fits were poor, so I filed a gap and JB welded inlays. The filework and bolster texturing was ugly, so I thinned it way down to get rid of them. There was some marks on the scales so I "Sawcut" them.
Well this is what it turned out as, next to a picture of the first blade I tried, which cracked stamping it lol. Live and Learn.

I still thought it was ugly so I sold it. I made about $30 after the dozen hours or so and thought, well that was fun. And so it began and I've done 109 more Buck 110's, among other knives since.

Below is my latest project. A Buck 560/186 style on a 110 frame out of Raindrop Damascus. Grand Leavitt Profiled the blade and will grind and heat treat/etch it for me.
6fab16a8.jpg

de2b70f3.jpg

Last edited:
Cool. I just gave away my 110 to a knifeless buddy. I'll probably pick up another or a 112 just 'cause they are classic knifes that work. Congrats on the forum!

Congrats on your new thread, Jerad! I own a few of Jerad's knives & love them. I think I might have to pick up one of those Grand Leavitt Raindrop Damascus knives - what is the cost range? It is looking good! Let's see the finished product when you are done!

Thanks guys! They don't make em like they used to, except at Buck!
Lance the Damascus blades typically run as an 85-100$ option.

My Camaro, an 81 Z28 with a 355, a Pro built overdrive, 100 shot of Nitrous, 460 HP, 17MPG.
Selling it to further my knife making and make room in the shop.

53487c63.jpg

I'm setting it at $17,000 firm. (CAD) It's got to go only because of financial issues, I will regret it, but it's been a bad investment considering I've spent give or take $35,000 on it.

Yea,but its done.You should really try to keep it.But hey,you gotta do what you gotta do.I wish i had the funds.How bout a payment plan? ( : Trade for handle material? Grinder? Wore out pickup?

If we were closer,i would finagle a deal on your Camaro.I would have you dump the NOS and tune it down to old dude driving status.( : Good Luck with your new page and let me know if i can help in any way.

Thank you Don, nice to kniw a seasoned maker. Oh it still cruises nice. The NOS is only for once in a while. She's only at 1800 rpm at 70mph which is very civilized compared to the old trans.
Thank you again

Back