How to fix a nail-breaking slipjoint spring?

Following this thread. I have a Camillus that feels like it's going to rip my thumbnail off every time. It's such a nice knife too but never gets carried because of this.

Looks like we run out of options here or with other words,
there are ways to loosen up hard to open friction folder and all those options were mentioned more then once.
I'm following this thread wondering, which option the owner of this problematic knife will take (if any).
Is betting allowed on this forum?

I cured one that was galling badly and had become almost impossible to open. I knocked the pins through, disassembled, cleaned all the parts and sanded the pivot/spring contact areas with 1500 w&d. Got it smooth then polished it with autosol on a buffing wheel. Reassembled and it was smooth as silk. Drop of oil and it was perfect.

Well, I seem to have fixed the issue with the pen blade on my Boker Barlow. I simply filed down the front corner of the blade tang (the corner that contacts the spring when the blade is closed. Just a little bit of filing significantly improved the pull on the blade, such that it's still stiff, but no longer takes pliers to open.

I wish I had tried that first before I went to town with the grinder on the back of the knife.

Well, I seem to have fixed the issue with the pen blade on my Boker Barlow. I simply filed down the front corner of the blade tang (the corner that contacts the spring when the blade is closed. Just a little bit of filing significantly improved the pull on the blade, such that it's still stiff, but no longer takes pliers to open.

I wish I had tried that first before I went to town with the grinder on the back of the knife.
This is what I did to fix an overly hard open on an English lambsfoot. Just knocked the edge off with a fine stone. I tried it after reading numerous success stories.

Back