I always recommend Buck knives.

eveled

Gold Member
In the other parts of this forum or different forums. There are always the “help me pick a knife for X” threads.

I always find myself recommending Buck, they offer well thought out designs durable materials top notch fit and finish. Backed by possibly the best warantee / customer service in any industry.

They aren’t the cheapest, but also not the most expensive. When you extrapolate the cost over a lifetime, they are real bargains.

Kudos to the gang at Buck for staying true to your roots and also staying relevant.

Rest assured, I’m doing my part to sell more Buck knives.

In the other parts of this forum or different forums. There are always the “help me pick a knife for X” threads.

I always find myself recommending Buck, they offer well thought out designs durable materials top notch fit and finish. Backed by possibly the best warantee / customer service in any industry.

They aren’t the cheapest, but also not the most expensive. When you extrapolate the cost over a lifetime, they are real bargains.

Kudos to the gang at Buck for staying true to your roots and also staying relevant.

Rest assured, I’m doing my part to sell more Buck knives.
You just settled a decision.
My nephews, Eagle on the right, future Eagle on the left.
A fixed and folding Buck for each. Simple.
20240210_185836.jpeg

Especially the Buck fixed blade and lock blade classics.
Yes I agree. The classic designs are great. A young hunter can walk into a sporting goods store and buy the same model knife his grandfather bought 60 years ago. How cool is that?
You just settled a decision.
My nephews, Eagle on the right, future Eagle on the left.
A fixed and folding Buck for each. Simple.
View attachment 2491304
Glad to help! Congratulations on having a couple fine young men in your family. I have a couple nephews who are Eagle Scouts too.

I let them choose from part of my collection one chose a Buck 119, the other a Leatherman Wave.

view

I was going to take them to a store to pick, then realized I have a better selection than any store around here. Lol. 😂

Last edited:
If I'm gifting a hunting knife it will be a Buck Knife (usually a 110 or 118, but sometimes a 105 or 119) - you cannot buy a better hunting knife for the money than a Buck. When gifting pocketknives I now gift Case, they are dedicated to that market and offer nearly endless variety. OH

I don’t have a ton of Bucks but I think you’d be hard pressed to not find something in their lineup that would work for most people using a knife. They’re affordable, durable, maintainable and when you’re done with it, inheritable. (If that’s a word)

I always felt Buck over there long history has made a model for any cutting chore.. with the possible exception of medical/surgical needs. And before Chuck passed I brought up that subject because I had heart surgery coming up and was shocked how much was paid for them..

Every responsible human should have a Buck 110 (and a 1911 and an AR, but I digress).

My youngest grand nephew and grand niece are three years and 3.5 months, respectively. They both have a Buck 110 made during their birth year as well as a Victorinox SAK engraved with their initials and DOB (a Farmer and Farmer X, respectively). I'm looking forward to when they are ready to learn to use them safely and effectively.

Last edited:
Everybody needs a 110 and 119.

I used to think the 112 was too small. Now I can recommend it, too.
I agree. The 110 is an icon in the knife industry & everybody needs at least one.

I've had a 110 for about 50 years & it's gutted a lot of deer, scraped a lot of gaskets, and cut up a whole bunch of apples & sammiches in that time. I recently added a 110 LT, and it's turned out to be a nice user too. A few weeks ago I decided I might like something a little smaller than the 110, so I bought a 112, and found my new favorite Buck. :)
Image.jpg

Back