I crossed the Rubicon today. (DMC content)

SharpBits

Gold Member
I crossed a line I never expected to cross when I stumbled into the knife world some 20 odd years ago. I just ordered a Barax from DMC! Most expensive single blade I have ever purchased and I’m good with that. Why? Because I purchased from a good guy, making these by hand, and not some corporate entity making widgets to exploit a market. It’s a cool hybrid design, as most of you know, and entirely unique as far as I know.

Anyway, to those who have one, please post your praise and pictures if you can. It’s going to be a bit of a wait till I get mine.

Edited:fixed typo

Last edited:
Does a wonderous job limbing

0ylZA8n.jpeg

HpA3AYV.jpeg

Congrats on your new DM.
It might of been one of his early designs that drew me in too. I've got a good group myself, but not the Barax.... So I can't post. 🤣🤣🤣
My chopper is different .

I'm certain you will love Yours.

Is it done yet, is it? IS IT?

:p Now that I got that out of my system, back to patiently waiting.

Yes, David was very clear when to expect it and I'm 100% on board with that.

I love mine, it’s in 15n20 and is a very serious chopper. Doesn’t hurt that it’s also a really good looking blade as well. I am sure you will enjoy yours. Worth the wait.

R Rockwelledge75 asked if the longer handle was for two handed use. Not on the current design. It is so that the blade has some rearward counterbalance for agility purposes. Reposting a clip from last year to demonstrate. First guy is Chris with his DMC one-off machete in 8670, second guy is me with my personal Barax in 1/8" 15N20. I am looking to make myself a new one in .187" AEB-L, after I make the ones for SharpBits SharpBits and JonnyMac (princessboop11) JonnyMac (princessboop11)

Did some grass cutting with my Barax machete today, in between kettlebell sets. Just the spots the landlord didn't hit with the ride-on, so right up against the edges of the porch and my plywood/horse stall mat lifting platform. I actually hit the concrete that the porch pillars are set in a couple times. No damage, I wasn't swinging with all my might, but still. RC 61 15N20 for the win.

Did some grass cutting with my Barax machete today, in between kettlebell sets. Just the spots the landlord didn't hit with the ride-on, so right up against the edges of the porch and my plywood/horse stall mat lifting platform. I actually hit the concrete that the porch pillars are set in a couple times. No damage, I wasn't swinging with all my might, but still. RC 61 15N20 for the win.
not as much fun, but weed eater...

Back