I have used the Ken Onion version for years

Brian77

Gold Member
Glad to see this forum. I have enjoyed talking with and buying supplies at blade show from the Work Sharp guys and gals for several years. It's a great crew and very very helpful with any questions I have. We use the Work Sharp machine for lots of things related to sharpening various knives

I have been using the Ken Onion Work Sharp for some years now. It works very well and is consistently delivering a clean and consistent sharpening. Given that the bearings are not sealed and not lubricated, I'm actually quite amazed that it still holds up. I sharpen my knives (many) and also for several cooks and friends. Nice little machine.

I have the original WSKT sharpener and so far, haven't needed the KO edition, at least not yet. I had to tighten the pivot of a Grohmann lock back and didn't do as nice a job as I'd have liked, so out came the WS and I used a well used fine belt and smoothed out the marks I made. Oh and it sharpened up nicely as well.

Great little machines and I am pleased that the new version uses the same belts, so I can continue to get belts.

Back