I need to see some Bokers

Here’s my favorite Boker. CountyComm special, actually opens one-handed. D2. CLB.

Leek for scale. It cracks me up, but it’s actually surprisingly handy.

One of my regrets is selling a Cocobolo Urban Trapper Petite … made me feel like a 19th-century explorer with a portable steak knife.

Never had the privilege of a Solingen Boker but would like to someday. The integral Barlow is high on my list.

My favorite Boker is my Cocobolo Urban Trapper, followed by my white bone lockback, and then my medium Stockman. I only bought the small and large Dessert Warriors for fun.

IMG_0239.JPG
IMG_0236.JPG
IMG_0241.JPG
IMG_0230.JPG
IMG_0231.JPG

Boker Gentleman's Lockback Knife White Bone (2.75%22 Satin) 110250WB.JPG
Boker Gentleman's Lockback Knife White Bone (2.75%22 Satin) 110250WB 2.JPG

Boker Medium Stockman Knife 3.5%22 Brown Jigged Bone 110727 1.JPG

_DSC0680.JPG

Nice group! I need to try a full-size Trapper. One of the reasons I sold the Petite was it felt a little too dainty. But I still miss it, and I think few knives are better looking or nicer to carry.

This one is a good size. It reminds me a lot of my Spyderco Ikuchi in overall size and shape, but it feels lighter. The Spyderco feels stronger and more solid though, like for harder work, but the Spyderco also feels like the skinnier tip could be more fragile.

Those are nice. I have an orange-handled one. I think they’re the same as various Ruikes from what I understand.

Yes I believe that’s true. I recently picked up one of the Ruike models and it seems as well made as the Boker with similar design features. My goal was to modify it a bit by taking out a layer to creat a pocket bushcraft tool, and it was relatively easy thanks to the screw-together pivots. The Ruike are much larger, similar in size to the 111mm SAKs. Here is my result (next to a SAK Trekker):

08-FE4-CD1-B69-F-4580-A833-C240-F9-FEA93-F.jpg

Back