ideas

James you may remember me. I now own three of your custom systems. I believe that the carry package may even be more important than the knife it carries. You do it much better than most I have experiance with. By the way I have the original spike I may have some carry feedback if you would like.

But my hopes were that you would make the v-gar out of nitol and do you plan on making the leg down sheath available for noncustom work. I would like to get the system for another knife and to be honest I am too anxious to wait three years. Also what is the largest blade length that can be comfortably concealed with the spinal back up. I am considering it for a cold steel 9inch Oyabun. Thanks and great luck with the noncustom line. I know I will be ordering soon.

Coyote,

The spinal backup is my rig of choice and I try to wear it every day. I have had 9" blades (overall length) on it but currently I'm carrying a 12.5 inch blade (overall length) on it with no problems. James recommends up to twelve, but I have taller friends with 15-20" blades (overall length) on it with no problems.

Hope this helps,

Jason

In this summer heat, you wear that spinal backup rig? That's what I call preparedness...

I'll stick to my afck clipped to my pocket and the dinky Woo around my neck.

RM

------------------
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Well, I'm one of those that's carried knives with up to 18" OAL (but I'm 6'5"). My wife is a seamstress and custom makes shirts for me long enough and baggy enough that I could probably carry a nuclear weapon without anyone being the wiser.

Although I will offer a word of caution. Weight is a factor. Jame's systems are unparalleled, but I once wore an Al Mar Alaskan Bowie (12" blade 17.5 OAL) all day on my SB3 rig, and by midnight I could feel it. My Hossom Millenium Fighters are almost as long, but a lot lighter and easier to carry. So for me, it's not just the length but the weight.

My two bits,

Zog

P.S. I think that for a production blade, the Oyabun would be a good choice for an SB3 Rig.

Back