If you miss LT's classic blade test videos ...

... I may have the answer for you.

JOE X is a content creator in Austria who runs fixed and folding knives through various forms of abuse. His goal is to push each knife to the literal breaking point, and his testing stages are quite entertaining. There are numerous CS models in his video archive, along with TOPS, Busse, Ka-Bar, Mora, etc. I have binge-watched JOE X the past week, and came away with fond memories of Lynn's classic test videos. Enjoy!

LoL... most of us are familiar with Joe X. He doesn't cut through dead pigs or watermelons, he cuts through cars and shatters knives on iron poles. Lynn murdered some car hoods, but he didn't do a whole lot of that. Fun videos to watch though.

I'm less interested in seeing how to break a knife, and more interested in seeing all things a knife can do that I'll never need it to do.

Just say no to Joe.

Maybe if he wasn't always so negative about everything.

"Uh oh, the tips taken some damage after I've hammered it into 5 cinder blocks, that's not good".

I'm less interested in seeing how to break a knife, and more interested in seeing all things a knife can do that I'll never need it to do.

Just say no to Joe.

Maybe if he wasn't always so negative about everything.

"Uh oh, the tips taken some damage after I've hammered it into 5 cinder blocks, that's not good".

I remember he was impressed with Ned Foss knives and the Cold Steel Leatherneck Tanto. He does have good things to say about knives sometimes, even though he's trying to kill cars and iron poles with them and shoot them with guns constantly.

Ive said this before in other threads; his tests are just absurd ;and many of his followers base their purchases on his "tests".That is sending a false message that these knives are garbage.In what real world scenerio will you pound your knife 100 times on a steel pole, or shoot it with a gun ? Its this recent trend on youtube of millenial video gaming unrealistic toads that are mesmerized by this nonsense.And by the way, that numskull shooting steel at close range in that bunker isnt too bright; he better hope theres never a riccochet....

Ive said this before in other threads; his tests are just absurd ;and many of his followers base their purchases on his "tests".That is sending a false message that these knives are garbage.In what real world scenerio will you pound your knife 100 times on a steel pole, or shoot it with a gun ? Its this recent trend on youtube of millenial video gaming unrealistic toads that are mesmerized by this nonsense.And by the way, that numskull shooting steel at close range in that bunker isnt too bright; he better hope theres never a riccochet....
Yea, it should be about sharpness and how well the edge holds up. Quality and straightness of the blade. Even batoning wood with a knife is kinda dumb to me if you have a hatchet, but I know some people do it if they have nothing else. As you mentioned, there's obviously no real world scenario where someone would beat a decent quality knife against an iron basketball pole until it breaks, stab a car to death. or shoot the knife with a Glock. But anything for youtube views these days...

Last edited:
Back