Interested in a (quality) $50 balisong?

My friend will finally get a bali if this one can stay around $50...so put me in for another one

I'd get one of each size. SS handles would be very nice, brass would be OK though. I would not buy one with plastic handles unless it got rave reviews from others, because plastic just sounds sketchy... Prefer no pocket clip, but I could live with a removable one ;). A more utility-oriented blade profile would be great. I'd get a clip point. I'd like to see this happen - then I could use it to schlep around in the woods and not bawl if I lose it.

I don't have any Balis yet, mostly because of the price and how bad I would beat them up.(I have no idea how to flip one the way you guys do). At this price I'd buy at least one.

Okay, maybe one in each size. This would be the catalyst to get my addiction going. Oh crap, now I'm going to be even poorer.

3 inch ss handle dont care about blade or clip(as long as its removeable) and as light as possible

$50-$75? That's the perfect range. That's what everybody wants to pay for a knife, but just can't right now. A normal person looks at the price of a BM and says ".. For a knife? :confused: Err, no thanks". Then they look at the quality of the beloved sidewinders out there and they say "What a piece of crap. I'm not paying *anything* for that! :mad: "

$50-$75 fills a massive gaping hole in the bali market. Something that doesn't scream "Only thing it'll do reliably is fall apart :barf: " like a Jag, and doesn't announce "I am a valuable knife for people who spend too much money on knives" like a BM or greater does.

Practically everyone I've talked to that's not into knives but would like a bali says "What can you get me for fifty or sixty bucks?" My answer is always ":cool: Two crappy knives. :cool:".. "But why would I want two? :confused: ".. they ask, "Well they're imports, maybe one of them is worth the $30 you paid for it. :p ". The inevitable ":rolleyes: So how much for something worth paying for?" and my answer "Probably double what you're looking to pay :( ". And so nobody ends up getting one.

I'd say I'd buy one at a time for myself, (It breaks, I get another).. and a big landing-strip of flashing lights leading to the edge of the vaste hole in the market for a $50 Bali.

If it's: A) Better than a Jag, yet B) Cheaper than a BM.. you've got yourself something that's more available to everyone, and that everyone'll buy.

Can't wait to see what you're planning Ghen. I say bring it on. I'd say bring it on no matter what bali.. but this is certainly a part of the market that appeals to me.

Oh, and no plastic. Plastic isn't metal. It just won't do ;)

I would like to see a 3" blade so I could have a quality, cheap, EDC beater. Either way, if it ends up at MOST $50-60 street then I'm definitely in.

You know, a friend of mine is interested in balis but won't even get a Jag. At this price I'll go ahead and buy him one for his birthday or Christmas or something. So, that makes 3 total for me. :)

Put me down for 1 if they can match MB in quality. SS handles would be great, and cheaper then Ti..... Wee Hawk combo edge too.... ;)

Make that two with SS handles. Got a friend that will get 1 for sure. He likes the heavier balis, I like the light ones, and the ones in the middle weight range...

Provided that the handles aren't plastic, I'd get one. I don't think plastic will hold up. Either clip point or bowie...everyone's got a weehawk and they become boring when every bali has the same blade. Brass is ok. SS is even better. If there was a choice, I'd get the SS first; if I liked it I'd get the brass version as well. 4" IMO is preferable and really doesn't bump the price up too much. That extra material cost is minimal and doesn't really increase machining time much.

I'd be very interested.

For between $50 and $75 I'm in for a 4" long clip style bowie with stainless handles.

My mistake, ghen's and Mike Turber's project are two different projects. I don't want to post on here again as it will alter ghen's count.

Back