introduction

Hello guys. Fairly new to the blade forums here and just wanted to stop in and say hello.

My first experience with one of your knives is the wilderness and survival forum knife you guys did for blade forums a few years back. It is owned by a good friend of mine and the first time he brought it out I was super impressed. The handle ergos, blade shape, fit and finish are all top notch. I still do believe it is one of the nicest fixed blades I have run across.

He hadn't used it much because he was afraid he wouldn't be able to get the blade as sharp as when it came.... I convinced him otherwise and what a great user. The other reason he hadn't used it too much was because his ex's dog had destroyed the leather sheath it was stored in.

So, I made him a kydex sheath and proved to him I could do an adequate job re-sharpening the blade and I think he has a new favorite field user. And if he doesn't I may have to convince him to sell it to me!

You should try and persuade your buddy to sell it to ya :D Still one of the best knives I have ever owned. As far as sharpening, O1 holds a razor edge and sharpens up pretty easily. The best thing to do is not to let it get too dull, just touch up the edge once in a while and it will keep cutting like a light saber :thumbup:

I agree with the touching up of o-1. I'm pretty familiar as its what I use to make all of my knives of, for now.

I find something interesting about o-1. It seems to me that right after sharpening/honing if you whittle a little bit of some soft wood the edge seems to get even just a touch sharper.

But yeah.... if he was willing to part I would definitely buy this knife from him.

Welcome :) Even if you can't convince him to part with it, you can just go ahead and get one (or another even more to your liking) from Nick when he's back to making :thumbup:

Thanks for the kind words guys. I should be set up very soon:) I almost have my shop with enough juice to run all the crap that is needed....

I will gladly make you one just like it BEknives:)

Nick

Back