Is SOG customer support non-existent?

I’ve tried emailing them for the last four months, and got no response. Today I’ve been on hold for 3 hours. What should I do?

SOG has already been bought by GSM, an outdoor products company involved in various things.
GSM also bought Cold Steel, and their Customer Service has become non-existent.
I would suspect the same thing has happened to SOG.

Seems to be the case with with SOG based on what I've been hearing.. with Cold Steel as well. GSM doesn't appear to be doing either company many favors in the customer support department..

And.. if you do buy a knife from SOG directly (Terminus XR steeply discounted for Black Friday 2022), they will take their sweet time shipping it out to you, and then harass you incessantly by email to review the product online.. when you fiiinally break down and write up a fair& honest review, they will deny it because it violates some imaginary "community standard" that apparently doesn't allow for valid critical feedback and less than 5 stars..

I'm not as familiar with SOG as other brands.. I have a Trident and Twitch that are both over a decade old and were generally pretty decent knives when I carried them regularly. The Terminus XR is an ok knife for what it is, if a little overpriced vs. the competition (I wouldn't have bought it if not for the sale price). These three will likely remain the only SOGs in my collection. It's difficult for me to find much interest in a company that doesn't value it's customers..

i recently went through a return/ replacement with them. Here is my experience.
called, waited on hold for almost 2 hours. finally got someone, was told they could not replace my knife due to it being not in stock(kiku vg-10, micarta)
was pissed, went home and was gonna order a benchmade, when my buddy called me and said there is a s35vn exact same thing on their site.
called, waited on hold an hour and a half.
asked for them to swap mine with the s35 version, after about 10 mins of back and forth and me trying to explain i already had submitted my replacement request on their website they finally found it.
then he had to get a supervisor to approve.
got an RMA
Shipped knife to them at my cost, thanks to the buffalo storm it arrived late.
got the s35 version in the mail today.
total turn around, including 3 day delay for the storm was about a week and a half. I think they overnighted the replacement too. I got the fedex notification last night around 8 and it was on my porch at 4.

Given this discussion topic and my own terrible customer experience with GSM Outdoors, does anyone know where 3rd party replacement springs can be purchased for SOG knives such as the Pentagon XR?

IME their customer service is non-existent. I emailed them and called, pertinent to my steel question posted in General Discussion about what's in the Recondo FX.
Blade HQ reps were wonderful and I would definitely buy from them again, I do not hold them at fault at all. But I find SOG duplicitous in not clarifying easily what they are making their blades out of.
Thankfully there is a plethora of great manufacturers out there from which to choose.

Back