It's Official! Ban Tang Knives and Shivworks Collaboration

Ban

I just got back from spending the weekend in Sacramento training with Southnarc in his ECQC Class. We finalized the contract and it is now official. I will now be making the Shivworks designed knives which include the Disciple, Lil Loco, and the ever popular Clinch Pick.

As I told you already, that's AWESOME! Looking forward to seeing them! I definitely want a Clinch Pick, and a Disciple would be cool for a SHTF sorta deal. How often are training courses held in Sacramento?

Congratulations!

I have an early-model clinch pick and love it. Will the blades be V- or chisel-ground? I'd much prefer V-ground blades, but I think more recent versions have been chisel-ground.

This is great news Ban. I wish you everything of the best with the new venture.

They could not have found anyone better.............:thumbup::)

Steven

The ECQC classes are only held once a year in Sacramento as far as I know. It is best to check out www.shivworks.com for more information. I will start a seperate thread regarding the class and upload some videos of the Evolution Drills.

The Clinch Picks that I will be making can either be V or Chisel ground. Because they are custom I can put whatever grind the customer wants.

Congrats Ban , still waiting to get a hold of one of your Pikal . . . are you still making it ?

Congrats Ban , still waiting to get a hold of one of your Pikal . . . are you still making it ?

Yes, I will still continue to make my versions of the Pikals. As a matter of fact I have a new design that I will be doing prototype work on very soon. I showed it to Southnarc and he thinks that it has lots of potential. I will be submitting a trainer to him and he will have it pressure tested by trainees during the EVO drills.

Last edited:
O_O Does this mean Bantang knives are going to disappear? Are you going to work for shivworks fulltime? I guess I'm confused.. Glad I have a BT4 though :D

O_O Does this mean Bantang knives are going to disappear? Are you going to work for shivworks fulltime? I guess I'm confused.. Glad I have a BT4 though :D

It just means that I will be making the custom versions of the Shivworks Designs. ie. Disciple, Lil Loco, and Clinch Pick.

We are very excited to have Ban on board. Personally I think he's the next Jody Samson as far as his edge geommetry and grind lines go. Ban came out and did the entire 20 hr. ECQC course this weekend and gave every bit as good as he took. I can't think of a better guy to make defensive cutlery than a knifemaker willing to roll around in the dirt with his products and a Simunitions pistol. So far he's the only one.

We are very excited to have Ban on board. Personally I think he's the next Jody Samson as far as his edge geommetry and grind lines go. Ban came out and did the entire 20 hr. ECQC course this weekend and gave every bit as good as he took. I can't think of a better guy to make defensive cutlery than a knifemaker willing to roll around in the dirt with his products and a Simunitions pistol. So far he's the only one.

Thanks man! I thoroughly enjoyed every single minute of it. That was probably one of the best if not the best class I have ever taken when it comes to self protection. I highly recommend it!

BTW, guess what I was working on today when I was jamming on my ipod? ;) Don't know what to call it yet.

8075482178_2254aa90e1_b.jpg

High praise :thumbup:

I'm guessing this new model is a special collaboration? Is this a two finger deal?

It has similar attributes to the fp2 but is different because it has two edges. And the major design difference that I was aiming for was for it to be used like a push dagger. It basically blends the attributes of pikal, push dagger, and pistol grip into one package.

Back