Just finished making my first knife!!

Just finished cuting some wood for my next knives,
they are from an old dried Apple tree and burl is from black poplar we cut in our forest, still needs drying.
Now the only problem is getting steel hah

What kind of steel are you looking for or want to use?????.....You never know... Lot.of enabling goes on here.....
How old are you??? School, what school too.....???? I have old edger blades that I believe are high carbon you can have when you.get to forging.....I'd also chip in on some steel for you for your stock removal growth..πŸ˜‰

Your talent is obvious and I'd love to see more from you!!!!!!

James

What kind of steel are you looking for or want to use?????.....You never know... Lot.of enabling goes on here.....
How old are you??? School, what school too.....???? I have old edger blades that I believe are high carbon you can have when you.get to forging.....I'd also chip in on some steel for you for your stock removal growth..πŸ˜‰

Your talent is obvious and I'd love to see more from you!!!!!!

James
Thank you so much, im 18 about to finish high school. Few days ago i ordered 26C3 steel to try hamons, im gonna make a chef knife for my sister, ill post progress when the steel comes. I dont have a forge so yea, myb if i get lump coal i can try forgin

Thank you so much, im 18 about to finish high school. Few days ago i ordered 26C3 steel to try hamons, im gonna make a chef knife for my sister, ill post progress when the steel comes. I dont have a forge so yea, myb if i get lump coal i can try forgin

Ok great!!!!! Keep em coming!!!!! Dont be afraid to ask for any help......Any kind of help........As I said I'd help fund a pile of steel to keep you busy and me entertained!πŸ˜‰......I'm sure I'll have a co conspirator here at.some point..πŸ‘

Oh also, where are you..... Its 4 am here in NYC......... Normally I'd be out at work by now but got injured and am on Disability for the.momentπŸ™„....Torture....I drive a.tractor trailer moving over sized loads like bull dozers, excavators......Love.my work.playing with TONKA toys!!..πŸ˜‰

Your up late or earlyπŸ€” depending where you are???!!!!!.....

Have a great weekend. Keep up the good work..

Ok great!!!!! Keep em coming!!!!! Dont be afraid to ask for any help......Any kind of help........As I said I'd help fund a pile of steel to keep you busy and me entertained!πŸ˜‰......I'm sure I'll have a co conspirator here at.some point..πŸ‘

Oh also, where are you..... Its 4 am here in NYC......... Normally I'd be out at work by now but got injured and am on Disability for the.momentπŸ™„....Torture....I drive a.tractor trailer moving over sized loads like bull dozers, excavators......Love.my work.playing with TONKA toys!!..πŸ˜‰

Your up late or earlyπŸ€” depending where you are???!!!!!.....

Have a great weekend. Keep up the good work..
Oh im over in Croatia, its 10 in the morning here

Oh one.more.thing. The best HAMON I've ever seen were made by a gent here.......Maybe he would share some knowledge...... jjsmith jjsmith Any suggestions for this promising young man???

Back