K9 Ripoff

barrabas74

Platinum Member
Someone had posted in the Becker forum that United Cutlery had ripped off Becker (at least the look and handle design) Well it looks like they got you guys too at least in blade looks.

If you dont agree with me thats ok, but when I saw it first thing that came to mind is "hey that's a K9 with a Becker handle". I just figured I would give you guys the link and make up your own minds.

http://weaponmasters.com/shopping/United-M48-Kommando-Fighter-p-17599.html

the handle and choil looks like a cross between the Becker and a Busse ASH1. The blade is a pretty blatant copy with that fuller like that.

:grumpy:Thievin' bastards! Blatant ripoff, but I echo the other posters when I say my Dingo looks WAYYY better than that piece of junk!

I bought one, I plan on beating the stuffing out of it and see how it stands up. It came shave sharp and has a nice anodized finish, the sheath was better then expected. I'll let you guys know how it handles rough treatment.

I'm not a fan of United Cutlery and I'm certainly not a fan of companies ripping off someones elses designs. But if K9 actually had any knives for sale, I might feel worse about this than I do. Since it looks like I have zero chance of ever actually being able to buy a Dingo, I'm not sure I really care.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of United Cutlery and I'm certainly not a fan of companies ripping off someones elses designs. But if K9 actually had any knives for sale, I might feel worse about this than I do. Since it looks like I have zero chance of ever actually being able to buy a Dingo, I'm not sure I really care.

Wow,
It's obvious that you want a Dingo, as evidenced by all of your posts making jabs at Tom Krein.:rolleyes: Do you really think that this type of pestering and whining is going to get you anywhere? Seriously, how many custom or semi-custom knives have you owned? Do you realize that people put down deposits or make orders and often times wait for 6 months to a year or even more before they see their knife?? So you want a Dingo, then all you have to do is contact Tom and say you want in IF another run ever gets produced. Then just wait patiently like everybody else. Custom makers are not Kershaw or Spyderco, they are just one person and that will be reflected in the amount of time it takes to produce knives.

If you are going to support and promote the buying of counterfeit knives because you're upset that you haven't been accommodated as quickly as you would like to be by a custom maker then you seriously need a reality check.

Back