KA-BAR Little Finn?

I don't know why, but my eye keeps wandering to the KA-BAR Little Finn. Them leather handled knives that KA-BAR makes just look so nice, and that little guy keeps calling to me. Anyone here have any experience with one? It almost looks like a step up from a Mora in that it still has Scandinavian styling but is cheap. I like the handle and the sheath. It certainly is prettier than a Mora.

The big turn off for me is the TAIWAN. I don't know why, but this has been bothering me lately. I'm likely the most liberal hippie here on the BK&T subforum, but dammit, I still like me some American knives.

I likely have little use for this knife, but it looks like a good one to own and one that I might want to pass on to my son or daughter once they get a bit older. What do you guys think? Any practical experience with this one?

I was also looking at the little Hatchet that KA-BAR makes, but I have since learned that it has been discontinued. Does anyone know if these designs are sticking around, or are they slowly dying off?

To me it looks like a very handy field blade. I like the old time look of it, reminds me a knife my grandpa used to use forcleaning fish.

I don't see what liberal hippiness has to do with targeting your dollars.

I have an old Kabar Little Finn from when my dad was a boyscout, but I can't get an edge on the damn thing. I'm sure the current production models are more satisfying.

-Daizee

I have looked at that one and the Buck pathfinder - for some reason the size / shape is kind of appealing.

I have a Ka-Bar Hunter, which is a size up from the Little Finn, but looks about the same.
Also, made in Taiwan... It has a hollow grind not Scandi. I think it's a nice, classic style knife, light and fast in the hand. It would make a nice gift for sure.

My dads and grandpas fish cleaning knife for the last 50 years or so. Grandpa lost his off of his atv a week ago and my brother found it in the pasture. When he returned it grandpa told him that the knife has cleaned at least thirty deer and considering grandpa was a trapper too I'm sure it has seen alot of blood. If new ones are as good as old ones it is a proven blade for two generations. Dad gave me a buck woodsman about 22 years ago it was a very similar knife and worked well on fish and deer till it got stolen out of my truck. Now I much prefer carbon blades.

My dads and grandpas fish cleaning knife for the last 50 years or so. Grandpa lost his off of his atv a week ago and my brother found it in the pasture. When he returned it grandpa told him that the knife has cleaned at least thirty deer and considering grandpa was a trapper too I'm sure it has seen alot of blood. If new ones are as good as old ones it is a proven blade for two generations. Dad gave me a buck woodsman about 22 years ago it was a very similar knife and worked well on fish and deer till it got stolen out of my truck. Now I much prefer carbon blades.

I bought my sister-in-law one years ago. She loves it. She uses it all the time for household chores because its the only sharp knife in the house.

Looking forward to the Mark 1 Navy...I'll definitely be grabbing a leather handled one..

I've held off on the Little Finn for the Mark 1. The Little Finn still really appeals to me, but the Mark 1 is a steel I'm familiar with and American made. Two points of contention I really had with the Little Finn. I might pick one up down the line, but right now Mora's and the Mark 1 seem to have a leg up. I would only be buying it for the classic quality of the knife.

Dammit. The more I type. The more I think of getting one. Must stop... must resist... Too. Many. Knives!

I've held off on the Little Finn for the Mark 1. The Little Finn still really appeals to me, but the Mark 1 is a steel I'm familiar with and American made. Two points of contention I really had with the Little Finn. I might pick one up down the line, but right now Mora's and the Mark 1 seem to have a leg up. I would only be buying it for the classic quality of the knife.

Dammit. The more I type. The more I think of getting one. Must stop... must resist... Too. Many. Knives!

NO SUCH THING. Especially when it comes to Kabar. :D:thumbup:

Back