KA-BAR Photo Thread - Post Your Ka-Bar Knife Pictures Here

Yep. Wasn't there a short kabar that had a recurve blade too? I think there was, it was a 5.25" blade. If I can find one of those, then I'd have small, medium, large.

Kabar 5053 Short Recurve. Looks like a mini Brute.

Moose

008-14.png

012-13.png

IMG_3761.jpg

IMG_3325.jpg

I had a Ka-Bar kukri several years ago. I'll see if I can dig up an old pic.

i am reminded that while camping in early July, there was a log/root thing blocking our main sitting and cooking area. nobody could dislodge it. i went into one of my bags randomly and produced a Potbelly, and made the root no more. three or four good solid chops and it was severed, tossed into the bracken, and made hence. blade was wiped clean with a moist cloth, dried, sheathed and back in a the bag quite literally before anyone could react. AWESOME !!! !!! :) later, some less timid people asked to see it and play some. education abounds. the others, stupid pacifist vegan hippies (little to no offense meant ;>) were still shocked at the speed and sheer violence of primal nature they had seen ;)

hee hee hee

i am reminded that while camping in early July, there was a log/root thing blocking our main sitting and cooking area. nobody could dislodge it. i went into one of my bags randomly and produced a Potbelly, and made the root no more. three or four good solid chops and it was severed, tossed into the bracken, and made hence. blade was wiped clean with a moist cloth, dried, sheathed and back in a the bag quite literally before anyone could react. AWESOME !!! !!! :) later, some less timid people asked to see it and play some. education abounds. the others, stupid pacifist vegan hippies (little to no offense meant ;>) were still shocked at the speed and sheer violence of primal nature they had seen ;)
hee hee hee

Such a violent world.........I love it.

The Kabar potbelly is like the awesome mix between a razor, bowie, and bolo knife...everything I dreamed of :)

On the same note, I finished the Jab slab replacements on mine...it was supposed to be green canvas, but it changed to turquoise after the buffing paste?

294582_10100348458887427_3620547_54120355_7123101_n.jpg

Basically copied Johnson's Adventure profile, except for more flaring near the lanyard hole to fit into my palm. Maybe it'll help prevent heat from building up under my thumb. (won't know until I really use it :mad:)

295761_10100348458967267_3620547_54120359_3797119_n.jpg

The Potbelly is the most bad ass 1095 steel woods blade available under $100. Bar none. Ok, it AND the BK9.

hee hee hee

Nice going there, I like it! ("Forced education"... :D )
It's a beast of a knife for sure.

Back