Kabar extreme D2 serrated

The edge holding is better than the 1095CV, however it tends to chip rather than roll.
Diamonds or ceramics to sharpen.
D2 is slightly more resistant to corrosion, but they do patina up nicely if the coating is removed.
No differential heat treat, so the tang is as hard as the rest. (If you hammer with the pommel, don't be surprised if it snaps off.)
Prying is another no-no, it's a Ka-bar, not a Crow-Bar.
Serrations are good for cutting fibrous material, and will keep cutting long after the plain edge has dulled.

This is my lightly used one I got recently second hand.
Have had a few in the past that I have rehandled with stag/leather.
I may not rehandle this one.....yet.
"O" rings on the grip aren't necessary, but I like the extra grip they provide.
This cordura sheath is what mine came with, but have since made a custom one for it.

Yes it is a good knife, but bear the things I've listed in mind and it will last a life time. :thumbsup:
Hope this helps.
5umTBAVh.jpg

The edge holding is better than the 1095CV, however it tends to chip rather than roll.
D2 is slightly more resistant to corrosion, but they do patina up nicely if the coating is removed.
No differential heat treat, so the tang is as hard as the rest. (If you hammer with the pommel, don't be surprised if it snaps off.)
Serrations are good for cutting fibrous material, and will keep cutting long after the plain edge has dulled.

This cordura sheath is what mine came with, but have since made a custom one for it.

Yes it is a good knife, but bear the things I've listed in mind and it will last a life time. :thumbsup:
Hope this helps.
5umTBAVh.jpg
man i'm excited to hear that it could serve me a lifetime

With proper care it should.
Even though those made during ww2 were not D2, or made to the higher standards of today, many are still going strong.

With proper care it should.
Even though those made during ww2 were not D2, or made to the higher standards of today, many are still going strong.
the people that act like they are junk are a bit ridiculous to me. They get mad when it snaps going through a piece of extremely knitted up wood or a cinder block LOL

Hope this helps.
5umTBAVh.jpg
As Zanu said, don’t be surprised if you hammer on the pommel and it pops off. I learned this the hard way, although it took a severe beating that day before it gave up on me. I love the D2 steel and that combo edge is great for carving up some kindling. Turned a 3ft long section of 2x4 into splinters with the serrated section and it was still going strong. Let us know how you’re liking it! I’m actually in the market for another one now as I seem to have misplaced mine in a move:/ This will make my third.

Got mine used a few months back. I've wanted this model for many years but either finances or availability stopped me. It needed sharpened which I did and it took forever antil I used a good diamondstone. I adjusted the angle unturned it into a scandiish edge. The serrations actually work well for feathersticks which is all I've used them for so far. My d2 is the only kraton handle kabar I have right now but a short tanto is next on my list. I have a survival systems sheath on mine that came with the knife. I love this knife and you'll not regret yours either.

Back