Kabuki

Lorien

Nose to the Grindstone
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Here is a knife I finished recently- a little dramatic looking, a little over the top, (hence the name) but very comfortable in hand and nimble in use.

The blade is of AEB-L in 3/32", (.094") stock, with a cryogenic quench and a fine, (ridiculously time consuming) finish.

The handle is a framed construction with double black, canvas micarta frame, burlap micarta scales and aluminum pins. The framed structure is held in place via 4 hidden, stainless steel internal pins.

The knife itself weighs exactly 100 grams, and with the sheath is 169 grams total. The blade is about 5" long and the overall length is 9.5". The edge is pretty much zero, aka; I barely had to sharpen it once I had finished hand sanding it. It is scary sharp.

The sheath is 9oz veg tan leather, dyed and waxed. It's designed for iwb carry, via static cord. The whole package is light enough for a jacket or pants pocket, if that's preferred.

This was a challenge for me to build, really pushing me to learn new skills and become better acquainted with my grinder.

C8D4raw.jpg

NbYA9pO.jpg

wiiUUjt.jpg

Qwk2Qms.jpg

ORoyXxQ.jpg

HWYxMlk.jpg

craIHl3.jpg

xZLO0vJ.jpg

Thank you for looking, and have a great weekend!

Back