• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Good KAI customer service

Ritt

Gold Member
I've got a ZT0450 that I've had and used for any years. I bought it on the secondary market, used. The frame-lock finally got to the point that you could fold it closed like a slipjoint, didn't need to spine-whack it or anything. I also managed to snap the tip off, prying with it. Figured I'd try their warranty service for the lock-up. I didn't ask about the tip, since that was entirely my fault, using it for a purpose it was not built for. I filled out the online form, printed it, included a check for $7 for return shipping. They sent me email to let me know they had received it on Feb. 6th, on Feb. 17th I had a message that it was headed back to me, and I received it on Feb. 21st. The lock-up is now solid, and they re-ground the blade to fix the broken tip! Sharpened the blade, cleaned and lubed the knife, it's like my old knife that I had grown attached to, but all fixed up. All that for $7. Two thumbs way up for KAI customer service.

Back