Should I keep using this slip or have a nicer one made

• Use what you have.

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Come on, get something nice

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My water pump tiny is 4" so 6" might be what I want. I agree

I think what I have it too small, but I don't want to go Too Big. Right - that's why I only carry the 7¼" when I'm actually using them. The 6" fit fully into a rear pocket... The 7¼ sticks out & will catch on things when you sit down.

One more question.... I'm getting the idea that the smooth jaw doesn't open as wide as my little guy? I don't have the XS to compare with, but the different shape of the jaws creates a different opening. These are the 5" versions of eachView attachment 2432667

Will the three you showed open up enough for a garden hose bib nut? The 5" pliers wrench will not, the 5" water pump pliers will. I don't have the 6" pliers wrench to check; but the 7¼" does

I’m in for a slip for my 5” Knipex. I currently carry in my 5th jeans pocket but a belt ride one would be great!

Last edited:
Terry M. Terry M. I don't have a 5" version on hand otherwise I would offer to figure out one for you, just have the smaller one. I can see where a belt sheath would be handy for that size though.
G2

Boattale, Although the poll is closed, I'd say go with your current setup until it's worn out.
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Don't worry about the economy. There's plenty of folks out here spending all they've got. 😉

I made a belt/pocket rough out sheath for my 5” cobra’s. It slides on the belt scout carry or ulti-clip for pocket carry. I’d post pics if I could figure out how on this iPhone.

Back