Kukri making bacon!!!!

Bill Siegle

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Built a large rocket stove for backyard and camping today šŸ˜Ž Itā€™s about 24in tall. Nice height to work from. I decided to fire it up and used my Shere Khan to process a few old skid boards into fuel. My Wife was impressed with the stove and said I should cook some bacon for my Turkey sandwich tomorrow. Worked great šŸ‘!!!!! Iā€™m very new to welding and have a solid 5 minutes of training so I think I did ok. The welds held but theyā€™re far from pretty.

IMG_3802.jpegIMG_3803.jpeg

Welding is all about practice, I have been welding for over 40yrs and I still am learning and getting better. I can weld steel, stainless steel, aluminum (by far the hardest) and Titanium, but still no expert. The more you weld, the better you will get, it is enjoyable and you will find more and more uses for it.
As far as Rocket stoves go, I have thought about making one several times, but didnā€™t have an immediate use for one, so I havenā€™t. They look to be very efficient and easy to make.

Practice does wonders! I still get a little amazed by welding. Making two parts into one is almost magical šŸ˜ When done well it even looks great šŸ‘ I may just pick up a welder for the shop one day but right now I just donā€™t have enough projects to justify it.

It is like most shop equipment, if you have it, you find uses for it. Finding projects to do with the equipment that you wouldnā€™t be possible if you didnā€™t have the equipment, it expands what you can do. I have a milling machine, metal lathe, 2ā€ x 72ā€ belt knife grinder, a MIG and TIG welder. I usually use at least one of them everyday.

Back