LB7 Bear Paw LB Survey

Another quick LB7 question. What is the difference between the 3 and 4 pin models? I've ordered Mr. Clemente's book but the check went in the mail yesterday so I thought I'd be impatient and ask.
Post number 4, this thread, Upstream displays 3 knives, top to bottom are a 3 pin, 4 pin, and another 3 pin at the bottom. The 3 pins were the earlier ones.
I'm glad you are liking your Schrade, and yes, they were built to go the distance. I carried mine for probably 10 years or more? And yes again, I used it frequently. I think I bought it somewhere around 1977 from a couple friends that owned a gun store.
If you find anything in Mr Clemente's book that you don't see here, feel free to post it. ;)

Thanks for the info guys, don't want to keep yakking too much cause I'm drifting away from the intent of this thread. I had seen the photo Ballenxj mentions. What intrigued me was the differences in the shape of the swedge after clipping. Mine is even longer and more graceful then the ones in the pic.

The LB 7 is my favorite knife i have carried one daily since they came out in '78. right now carrying a 4 pin non serial-ed one. have carried it for well over 10 years with no problems. just got back from a 5110 mile trip and it handled all the necessities quite nicely.

They are Great knives. And often overlooked for some reason. I have a few myself. But there is one that is special. I carried it in my back pocket at my wedding. I mostly carry it in the rear pocket. My wedding knife is a AZ----- serial numbered. And I just recently found a near mint one in an antique shop that is serial number 4460. I was shocked. It is near mint. But no sheath. Never know what you will stumble across.

Just got out my LB7's that are serial numbered

AZ70822
3 pin
Uncle Henry
Schrade+
LB7 USA

W99732
4 pin
Schrade+
U.S.A. LB7

K65333
4 pin
Schrade+
U.S.A. LB7

4 pin
Schrade+
U.S.A. LB7

Then there are 5 others that don't have serial numbers. Unless we can count the American Indian Series and in that case I have the Sundance numbered 0837.

You could say that I have an addiction. But I sure do enjoy them.

Does anyone know approximate time they would have added the Uncle Henry to the tang stamp? I know I bought the one stamped this way in 1990. The other numbered ones came to me second hand.

if you go back to the beginning of this thread there is some of that info given. it will take some time but if i remember correctly i think the stamping is covered.

Hi,

I’m not a collector.

I have what I hope is a simple question.

I have a 4-pin LB7

Tang stamp says:

SCHRADE+
USA LB7

Serial # is 64591

Can you tell me approximate age of knife?

Thank you

Hi,

I’m not a collector.

I have what I hope is a simple question.

I have a 4-pin LB7

Tang stamp says:

SCHRADE+
USA LB7

Serial # is 64591

Can you tell me approximate age of knife?

Thank you
I believe 1978. Look at post 18, this thread.

My grandfather left me his LB7.
It is a 3-pin
UH
Schrade+
LB7 USA
Brown leather sheath with button
The knife has no s/n on it however it has the original box and I wondered if you could gather anything from it. The numbers next to the barcode are 44356 01403.
view
view

My grandfather left me his LB7.
It is a 3-pin
UH
Schrade+
LB7 USA
Brown leather sheath with button
The knife has no s/n on it however it has the original box and I wondered if you could gather anything from it. The numbers next to the barcode are 44356 01403.
view
view
Images not showing for me.

The barcode only identifies the item and maker, not anything about the date of manufacture. But the serials previously used did not indicate date of manufacture either. They were used solely for ISC internal use in the warranty program. We were able to identify some earlier ones via their serials vs. the known year end production figures. The further we went from the start, the greater the error rate. It is unknown how many serials were discarded as knives were rejected in production and whether or not specific limited editions and SFOs were counted in the YE figures. So the date ranges we settled on are only broadly accurate.

One might tell more from the logos and nomenclature seen on the box and warranty paper. Those did continue to change over the years. Still, even so, a knife could sit on a dealer's shelf in the stockroom or display case for years before it's retail sale.

Thanks for the reply. I thought maybe different barcodes would have some sort of identifying numbers which might help identification but I understand what you're saying. Coincidentally, what is the best method to upload pics to the thread from a mobile platform, Android, if you don't mind me asking? I'm sure this has been answered before but I either don't see it or I'm just an idiot.

Thanks for the reply. I thought maybe different barcodes would have some sort of identifying numbers which might help identification but I understand what you're saying. Coincidentally, what is the best method to upload pics to the thread if you don't mind me asking? I'm sure this has been answered before but I either don't see it or I'm just an idiot.

New to the forum. I was kindly directed here by Tongueriver, while researching Sharpfingers (thanks). Not sure if this thread is still active, but I thought I would post this four pin, serial #168299, that I received in a lot purchase that included two other Schrades. Unfortunately, I'll need to find another one for a user as this one does not appear to have been carried or sharpened. Other than some tarnish, it's pretty minty. No box or papers, but can I assume that this is a 1978 era production?

27YY8mF.jpg

CdqHmRZ.jpg

Back