• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Leatherman orders management

Mister_Punchy

Gold Member
As a long time fan of Leatherman tools living in Europe, I am used to pay 20% more on all of my tools. When the reveal of the Garage batch #5 was introduced, I was very excited and eagerly waited for the drop, knowing in advance that it would be hard to snag one.

Of course it was very difficult because the Leatherman website servers overloaded, but I miraculously managed to get one ! I was over the moon and my wife couldn't understand my happiness and my luck.

The next day, I received an email from Leatherman stating that I needed to call them to confirm my order or it would be cancelled. Fully knowing that it was to clean off potential scalpers, I called immediately, and exchanged infos with the desk lady who told me that my order was confirmed and would be shipped the very same day.

It was not, and I started to get anxious today, keeping on refreshing my order, which suddenly stated "CANCELLED". I called right away, and the same desk lady told me that while my order was indeed confirmed yesterday, they had some mismatches and the batch #5 was already sold out, thus cancelling my order. My emotions were a mix of surprise, disappointment and indignation and I couldn't help but to lash at the poor lady about how it was possible. She told me that she couldn't do anything, as the batch was very limited in production (oh really ?). I tried to reach to the head of the customer service, and didn't get any answer by phone or mail yet.

I am now pretty low in this emotionnal elevator. As a loyal supporter of Leatherman, I cannot helpf but feel betrayed knowing that they cancelled my lawful order over a scalper's one. I don't think this post is going to change anything but I needed to vent amongst people that may understand my frustration. So to the people on BF who read my post, thank you.

Sorry to hear that, I would be really bummed out as well. I could be mistaken but I thought I read Leatherman will be releasing something similar or a production version eventually?

Yes, the arc, but we do not know the specs of the tool at the moment. I was mostly frustrated because this was the first time I managed to snag a very limited item which would have been my ultimate multitool, and my order was arbitrary cancelled.

Leatherman sent me a notice of it. I immediately went to the site and they were already sold out!
Why did they even send out the notification if they are selling to scalpers in large batches? Seems they are more interested in serving themselves than their customers.

Back