Important Info! Leatherwork coming this week from the Redmeadow kids

I haven't been home in a couple of weeks. Not sure if I have anything waiting for me or not. I'll be there tomorrow if the pass at Tehachapi doesn't freeze over.

I'm jealous. I still don't have one.
😭

I'm jealous. I still don't have one.
😭
Argh, I'm usually on it with knife tracking but I didn't keep an eye on these. I'll find the tracking number and we'll see what's going on. No worries though, if it doesn't show up we'll get another Yosemite on the way Mack.

I'm sure it's a simple Postal orifice problem but you never know. Thanks, John.

So I gave my Mom the kids leather work for her birthday!!! She loved it... Immediately slapped HER datebook
in it and is set.... Top shelf product..... Great job kids!!!! Great job dad too!!! Proud papa John!!!!
Thanx again..

John, please thank the artists that created these for me. Mine arrived today and Dawn tells me that it is beautiful. I can't wait to get my grubby paws on it.

Attachments

• received_1529472164142424.jpeg
    received_1529472164142424.jpeg
    191.3 KB · Views: 3
Special delivery today :)

John please thank Roy and Ainsley for me. This is great! Will be putting it right to use.

QqMIQXd.jpg

WhlfPfV.jpg

My notebooks were waiting on my when I got home from travelling for Thanksgiving. Your kids did a fantastic job, and I'm excited to give them to my kids for Christmas. Keep up the great work!

Got the Mt Rainier one, and just gave it to a friend tonight. He recently retired and is doing home improvement side jobs to keep himself busy, so figured it would come in handy as a notepad. Back in 2010 or 11 we were in WA for a project and had a free day, so we decided to check out Mt Rainier. 9 hours later we almost ran out of gas while still in the park (there's no gas stations within the park), and the GPS had us going down camp roads, over rickety bridges, and dirt paths that were never meant for motorized vehicles (we had a minivan rental). Looking back it was a great adventure, but at the time we were getting pretty nervous we weren't gonna make it out. Still have some pics somewhere...need to find them.

Again, you guys did a fantastic job on these!:thumbsup:

Sat down with the kids a few days ago and talked about what they want to do with their earnings (18 notebooks at $40 plus a couple generous tips added up quick!). I explained that the side of leather from Mom and Dad for the notebooks was seed money and the rest was up to them if they wanted to make more things. Told them they're more than welcome to spend their earnings on whatever they want, anything at all. What do they want? Savings accounts at the bank (Whew! 🙏). If they would have told me they wanted to hit the toy store I'd have let them (all be it reluctantly) blow it all. Trying to let them make their own mistakes but they don't make it easy. Couldn't be prouder of them.

They figured out what they needed to resupply for future projects. They decided on a side of leather, two Barry King stamps (a Diamond Lined and a Petal Shell Burst, really cool looking stamps), and more notebooks.

The leather came in yesterday. A nice side of rustic crazy horse, similar in color to the notebooks but has some really nice pull-up. They were pretty excited when it got here, this whole thing has been a great learning experience for them. They're trying to come up with new ideas and it's a lot of fun to watch.

Anyways, I'm a proud Dad and will try to curb my enthusiasm but wanted you all to know where your money was going and to thank you all for being a part of this. After buying their supplies they still have a little over $200 each to open a savings account.

If I had that much money at their age this song would be playing in my head......😁

I got a pocket full of quarters, and I'm headed to the arcade
I don't have a lot of money, but I'm bringing everything I made

Sat down with the kids a few days ago and talked about what they want to do with their earnings (18 notebooks at $40 plus a couple generous tips added up quick!). I explained that the side of leather from Mom and Dad for the notebooks was seed money and the rest was up to them if they wanted to make more things. Told them they're more than welcome to spend their earnings on whatever they want, anything at all. What do they want? Savings accounts at the bank (Whew! 🙏). If they would have told me they wanted to hit the toy store I'd have let them (all be it reluctantly) blow it all. Trying to let them make their own mistakes but they don't make it easy. Couldn't be prouder of them.

They figured out what they needed to resupply for future projects. They decided on a side of leather, two Barry King stamps (a Diamond Lined and a Petal Shell Burst, really cool looking stamps), and more notebooks.

The leather came in yesterday. A nice side of rustic crazy horse, similar in color to the notebooks but has some really nice pull-up. They were pretty excited when it got here, this whole thing has been a great learning experience for them. They're trying to come up with new ideas and it's a lot of fun to watch.

Anyways, I'm a proud Dad and will try to curb my enthusiasm but wanted you all to know where your money was going and to thank you all for being a part of this. After buying their supplies they still have a little over $200 each to open a savings account.

If I had that much money at their age this song would be playing in my head......😁

This is so uplifting and awesome, John!! Good on you and your children. I’ll be keeping my eye on their work, which looks excellent!

This is so uplifting and awesome, John!! Good on you and your children. I’ll be keeping my eye on their work, which looks excellent!
Thanks! You've been doing some great work yourself over in your subforum!

They just made a belt for our neighbor, carved horses and basketweave. He's 80 years old and loaned them his old leather tools and asked if they'd make him a belt and to do whatever they want as long as it had his name on it. I think he'll be surprised when he see it.

I helped with the layout and stitched it but they traced, carved and stamped everything. Not a bad first belt for a couple of kids!
20221208_204337-01.jpeg

They just made a belt for our neighbor, carved horses and basketweave. He's 80 years old and loaned them his old leather tools and asked if they'd make him a belt and to do whatever they want as long as it had his name on it. I think he'll be surprised when he see it.

I helped with the layout and stitched it but they traced, carved and stamped everything. Not a bad first belt for a couple of kids!
View attachment 2011309

Thank you, John.

That belt is AWESOME!! If they show interest young and they keep at it, just imagine what they do at our age!! 🥳🥳

View attachment 2011309
1) No curbing on Dad's part! Enthusiasm very warranted!

2) That belt! WOW!!!!! Very interesting use of the border stamp interspersing it with the basket. Very cool!! Fred is gonna be happy!!

That's fantastic John! The work and tooling on those notebooks is incredible.

I'm gonna need a price on a new belt before too long.

Back