Lets see some Hinderer action

I wouldn't touch them. The stop pin is only for closure, the thumb studs function as blade stop when opening and exact diameter is important. Plus, the studs seem like a pain to take out. Might want to check with Josh how he does it when he regrinds.

Might want to train your thumbs a bit more .... or reduce the detent a bit instead.
When I got my first Hinderer, I learned to use my thumbnail instead of the meat of the thumb.
Thanks fellas. I was curious if the studs were the blade stop or the pin was. Thanks for clearing that up. I’ll give the thumb nail a try as well.

ferider ferider you were absolutely right. It’s all technique. Was approaching the studs from the scale pushing out. Just figured out if I approach from the blade and push forward it flys open and is no problem on the thumb. Thanks again.

Anyone know where to get replacement thumb studs for an eklipse? I tend to use the studs to open rather than the flipper and would like something a little easier on the thumb. Thanks for any help!
I've found the non flipper versions that Hinderer has is a lot easier to flip with the studs (naturally). The detent isn't as strong on them. Not sure about replacing them.

I've found the non flipper versions that Hinderer has is a lot easier to flip with the studs (naturally). The detent isn't as strong on them. Not sure about replacing them.
I had a non flipper and noticed that too. But opening as mentioned above isn’t a problem either with the flipper.

He sells them at shows and sometimes will drop them on the site. If I remember right they are $25. Blade show ATL is in a few weeks he will have loads of them there. Got to pick me up a couple for some of my newer ones

Looks great 👍 I have a question for you long time Herders …. Where do you guys get those yearly “2022”, “2023”, “2024”, filler tabs? I’ve only seen them for sale on the secondary, sometimes for ridiculous prices, but they look good And I wouldn’t mind having a couple!

You just have to be lucky .... sometimes they come up at reasonable prices, I had one for free on a recent knife. Or check is site during bladeshow.

L7Ak8Wv.jpg

Back