LETS SEE THOSE MAGNIFICENT HJ's

Duncan, you sure know how to brighten a Sunday morning...wow!!

Here is my one

AdeleRamsdell_zps03c93cb0.jpg

Thank you Gevonovich, kind Sir - please could you tell us some more about that lovely old knife..

I think this is my grail traditional right now. Sooooooooooo NICE!!!!!!
DSCF9850_zps58651970.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thank you - this was one of Charlie's SFO'S - it is indeed a beauty!

Duncan, it's an old Ulster/Knife Co/N.Y.

Still has good snap with minor wobble only on the main. Thank you for asking and what a great idea for a thread. There is just something about a HJ and I owe that appreciation to Charlie (Waynorth)

Its been a pleasure viewing all your beauties!

A nice example of the lighter horsecut jigging from GEC on this #54.

harnessjackmark.jpg~original

And a clip main in gnarly burnt stag.

StagHJ.jpg~original

This #53 Cattle Baron is one of the most perfect builds of any GEC I own, and it's 4 blades on 2 springs in jigged Yellow Rose bone.

IMG_0003.jpg~original

Wow - Sarah, your HJ just rocks-love the colours of it! Charlie, Jeff, Trand - well everyone - lovely knives!
We cant let these drop off again for so long here in Traditionals!

Gevonovich - thank you my friend, it is indeed a beautiful old knife!

Charlie - the Terrier double end -who made this - stunning Bone, let alone your 626382 - wow!

Duncan, Terrier Cutlery Co was a second brand from Robeson and they made them from 1910 until 1916.

Thank you Charlie, Terrier must be fairly hard to come by if that's the case? Thank you for showing us those gorgeous knives.

Do I need a Harness Jack?No.Do I want one now after seeing all the beauties posted in this thread?Yes.
Thanks y'all,that's another for the list.:rolleyes:

Love the shield on the New Yorker Duncan.

DSCF9862_zpsa96ddd06.jpg

Do I need a Harness Jack?No.Do I want one now after seeing all the beauties posted in this thread?Yes.
Thanks y'all,that's another for the list.:rolleyes:

Love the shield on the New Yorker Duncan.

DSCF9862_zpsa96ddd06.jpg

Thank you my friend, I too thought I would never use the Awl, but I have used it - and many times!, so yes....you DO need one :D

Yeah, you couldn't get a better Bomber shield could you!

Thank you my friend, I too thought I would never use the Awl, but I have used it - and many times!, so yes....you DO need one :D

Yeah, you couldn't get a better Bomber shield could you!
Shoot,I used the awl on my SAK last week making a slider out of leather for my hiking stick lanyard.
And you're welcome BTW.That shield does have some nice curves to it.

Duncan, it's an old Ulster/Knife Co/N.Y.

Still has good snap with minor wobble only on the main. Thank you for asking and what a great idea for a thread. There is just something about a HJ and I owe that appreciation to Charlie (Waynorth)

Its been a pleasure viewing all your beauties!

Thank you Gevonovich, as it is always a pleasure viewing your great knives as well, I agree, we do owe Charlie a huge amount, it is the same story for me, I didn't know much about HJ'S until Charlie, and also my mate Anthony ( sunnyd ) showed me the great knives that they are, I cant ever see myself without a HJ.

Another of my older friends....
This older Utica is fairly plain one could say, but....i just dont know........ When holding this Knife in the Hand- it just feels so much better than plain!

crDogMV.jpg

Last edited:
Trand kind Sir - once again you just blow me away with your photos of you fantastic collection, the top Red Bone HJ is something else indeed, and I just love the Primitive Bone.

Thank you Duncan. That Primitive Bone is still the only one in my collection, its definitely a favorite. The top one though isn't red bone... its actually Chocolate :)

Back