Lets talk GEC!

I mostly carry CRKs these days but today I decided to put my #71 in the pocket. Although it is "just" Farm & Field it has to be one of the better GEC patterns for every day use; the handle is very comfortable but it is the drop point that makes this knife so usefull. It made me wonder what other GEC patterns are gifted with a drop point?

20240505_224106-01.jpeg

Last edited:
what other GEC patterns are gufted with a drop point?

Hereā€™s one, H73216

IMG-1091.jpg

I mostly carry CRKs these days but today I decided to put my #71 in the pocket. Although it is "just" Farm & Field it has to be one of the better GEC patterns for every day use; the handle is very comfortable but it is the drop point that makes this knife so usefull. It made me wonder what other GEC patterns are gufted with a drop point?

View attachment 2565580
Take a look at the number stamped on the tang (or, listed for the production models in any given year). The first two numbers designate the model. The third number designates the shape of the main blade. If it's a "5", it's a drop point.

Let's not leave out the venerable 73... ;)

mcfukxf.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Gents!
I didn't know there are so many GEC patters with a drop point. You all posted so very purty examples šŸ˜ I might go hunting for one or maybe just arm myself with patience and wait until a new drop šŸ¤”

The 73 pattern is one of the original GEC knives from their start, Drop-Point is a fantastic blade, like how it lies down low in the well of the knife. Very pleased how it was used as a replacement for the Spey on the Dixie Stockman. If only they would make a 'Dixette' version say 3.5" marvel :cool:

That combination of blackwood, shield, and wharncliffe was just way too good to pass up. I'm pretty excited for this one.

I'm surprised to see that GEC did an SFO for mike without the blade etch. I like!

I didn't need another of Mike's awesome improved trappers but I couldn't pass it up. That shield is just terrific.

It's been a spell since I've bought a new GEC and I'm happy I could throw some support Mike's way.

EfwjBcP.jpg

Back