Lionsteel T6....a masterpiece!

Looks very much like a hybrid between the T5 and M7... I wonder what the final product will be like.

why the T6 announcement has disappeared from the lionsteel homepage ???

Finaly back to the old lionsteel times with some new steel.
I remember they were among the first to use calmax and sleipner.
I have been waiting for a looooong time for a knife in K490.
Let's hope this knife gets produced and hopefully this year.

Last edited:
I just ordered the T6. Lionsteel have included a useable kydex sheath, and the "old Black" tumbled PVD should help hide any incidental, minor surface rust. I love the one piece scales on the T5, as well as the blade shape. Looks like the T6 handle is lacking some of the nice texture/fine detail of the T5. Blade thickness is listed as .21 on GPknives, .25 on BHQ, and .22 on the Lionsteel site. They are showing 6 finish variants, and "limited run of 999 pieces". Not sure if that's total, or 999 of each variant. Two of the 6 variants listed on the Lionsteel site are sold out.
EDIT: From what I can see on the Italian Lionsteel sight, the run will be 999 in the K490.

Last edited:
I have 2 T6 in K490 steel.

What I would like to see is a fixed blade from Lionsteel in PGK steel.
This is a very good European steel which is strangely relative unknown.
I have seen this steel mostly on the better Russian knives but since the invasion there is a ban and they don't get any premium western knife steel import either.
So for quite some time we wont see any offerings from their side and I don't know any western knife brands that use PGK.
I think it's a win win situation.
Lionsteel can set itself in the picture by providing a less known excellent steel and it gives us knife nuts an excuse to buy another knife.
"I have one in sleipner but not in PGK, lets buy another one ;)

I have 2 T6 in K490 steel.

What I would like to see is a fixed blade from Lionsteel in PGK steel.
This is a very good European steel which is strangely relative unknown.
I have seen this steel mostly on the better Russian knives but since the invasion there is a ban and they don't get any premium western knife steel import either.
So for quite some time we wont see any offerings from their side and I don't know any western knife brands that use PGK.
I think it's a win win situation.
Lionsteel can set itself in the picture by providing a less known excellent steel and it gives us knife nuts an excuse to buy another knife.
"I have one in sleipner but not in PGK, lets buy another one ;)
.....PGK? .....šŸ¤”......never heard...... interesting....

A 8% chrome steel. Near Sleipner. A bit more wear a bit less toughness.

The properties and composition of PGK steel are very similar to CPM Cru-wear, Vascowear and SB Wear steels.

You mean Lohmann PGK?
I used one very similar on Nexus 7
Bohler K360 electroslag remelting in 2005.

Back