Looking for first hand BK10 experience.

coolbreezy37

Gold Member
I’ve been quietly mulling over the Crewman for a few days now. Have plenty of experience with the King and the 7, and have both. I’ve never used or held a BK10. I had a 2 for a spell, and it did like it but not as much as the King or the 7. I feel as if the Crewman is a great compromise between toughness and real world knifeability. Please fellow Beckerheads, sell me on the BK10! Pics are always appreciated.

The BK10 is the same thickness as your 7 and 9, so in hand feel is gonna be the same. I used to have a 10, but have many blades in the same size, so I sold it off. I like to look at the BK10 as a 5.5” BK9. They both have similar tips and grinds.

It's an "aircrew" knife. Because of that (*and in my opinion), it's designed to be donned by folks who operate in confined spaces and wear most of their "essentials" on their kit (*versus their belt)...Aircrewman, CAT/PSD crewman, etc. In that role, I believe it would excel, albeit taking up just a bit more real estate than something like an ASEK.

Despite the above, it's still a "Becker", which means that it's incredibly robust and will easily handle the hard-use outdoor stuff, as The Warrior The Warrior 's pics show. As he stated, I have heard quite a few folks say that they actually prefer it to the #2 "Campanion". In my realm of "field knives" (*5" to 7.5" blades), I think it would perform much better as an "all-rounder" than something bigger and heavier.

I have hundreds of more hours under my belt with my ESEE-5s and ASEKs than I do with my #10. Despite that, I wouldn't hesitate to carry that 10 in any part of the World, and never feel "under-knived". For me, it's just another spectacular knife that we, in this day and age, are lucky enough to have as an option.

When it comes to fixies, I think we are so fortunate to be living in (*and witnessing) a "heyday" of sorts. In that arena, it's a great time to be alive.

I never felt a need for a BK10, as I have a 7 that I've used a lot. I also have a "BK12" and RMD.
I did eventually buy a Camillus BK10 (just to have because it's a Camillus BK); but all that did was solidify the idea that it wasn't for me.

I've seen a lot of positive posts about the model, though; so, if it appeals to you why not just buy one and find out?

A REAL POST ABOUT A REAL KNIFE?!?!? WOW! Been a while since we had one of those.

BK10...don't own one but...

Since you have the others you have a good idea how well the knife types work. BK10, works just as well is my guess from experience with my BK9s for the abusel usel I use them for. Think of jobs that a shorter knife can be useful for, as its marketed as a...ok for post notification and read Alone Alone 's post and well that says it way bester than I can. But for what some people say about the BK10 is that it is thinner than the BK2 that makes it more useful general purpose wise.

Me, I never got a BK10 for reason was the thumb ramp, it was a personal choice and the BK2 fits my more heavy use knife that justifies that large handle. But for note, the BK10's handle is justified as its idea was as Alone Alone stated that the knife is to be a full purpose tool that the large handle makes the BK10 more versatile one tool option if your tool options are limited. Me, myself and I prefer then more jack of all trades BK2, for such things as it has not thumb ramp that I dislike on a 5"ish knife.

Last edited:
I do like the 10 over the 2 - it's a more usable blade, in my opinion.

That said, the market is very saturated with knives in that rough size range, so it generally has taken a back seat to others. In fact, I am not sure if I have any 10s left.

My 10 was gifted to me by a fellow beckerhead. It's had the thumb ramp removed. It's one of the Camillus blank Kabar finished knives. It's my favorite heavy knife. I use it more than any other Becker I have
Between it being my primary user , it was gifted to me when I was having a tough time. Kydex sheath was a gift from another Beckerhead and my wife later buying me wood scales. It will go to my grandson someday . It's not going anywhere while I am above ground

My knife journey started with the King in 2015 (I’ve used Buck knives HARD, bordering on abuse since I was 10, but wasn’t what you would call a “knife enthusiast”). I’ve come full circle after using many sought after brands. The Becker just feels like home after a long days work.

These are all great response. I’ve decided to get a Crewman and the Campanion, because Becker.

Good Idea! Two different tools that have great over lap of each other's capabilities. They are different related critter cousins, but cousins non the less. BK 10 is great for slicing and more able to do more fine stuff. BK2 can do it but more of lesser slicey but is more durable and no thumb ramp lets it be a bit more knifey for that blade length. With both having saber grinds it makes them more versatile than a straight bushy crafty knife. I got enough of the 5ish length blades so I never got a BK10, 2 BK2 and a 72 because the BK2 full filled many needs a good SS one (S35VN even better, A good 420HC heat treated one I would of gotten as well.) I paid the high cost for it but I could of gotten two other knives, but I got enough knives so I grabbed one instead. The Dogwood Resin Handle with Green Glow Stones on it make it easier to find and makes it look cool. It would of been G-10 handles for the BK72 for large critter cutting season, but the Glow Handles work and clean up just a well.

My 10 was gifted to me by a fellow beckerhead. It's had the thumb ramp removed. It's one of the Camillus blank Kabar finished knives. It's my favorite heavy knife. I use it more than any other Becker I have
Between it being my primary user , it was gifted to me when I was having a tough time. Kydex sheath was a gift from another Beckerhead and my wife later buying me wood scales. It will go to my grandson someday . It's not going anywhere while I am above ground
Yep that describes the Ideal BK10 for me. Good size, lighter weight, good size and more slicy for a carry all day knife.

Edited due to incorrect info.

With knowing what you have, I would actually look at the tweeners. This will give you a bit of a difference in size and weight, and give some versatility.

Last edited:
A couple of weeks late to the post, but I must say I love my BK10.
Becker large handles fit my hand perfectly, and the 10 is a great all around knife. Not too long, and not too thick. I did find that the thumb ramp was a bit of annoyance, so I eventually went ahead and took it off, and added a sharp spine where it was. Since then it has been my go-to for a full sized Becker.

After a fresh stropping:
144645555-10220326351456908-3780669339469144571-n.jpg

A bit of feathersticking on some fatwood:
185232738-10221020060879210-307616609742004979-n.jpg

Thumb ramp removed and micarta scales dyed orange"
231543754-10221493023422978-1532439620877847317-n.jpg

After slicing about 20 pounds of chickens into nuggets:
271134786-10222308297884330-5817260416333788329-n.jpg

Back