Looking for the best shears/scissors

I've started searching for a really nice pair of scissors for my office, to be used for daily tasks mostly cutting paper and the like. But something I might enjoy using - like a nice knife. Don't really know where to look, figured you guys might. Any thoughts approeciated!

I've always liked fiskars but you can go down a rabbit hole with the scissors, just like anything else. There are some good German ones out there that I have seen for tying flies but I don't have any names to give you.

Look for vintage, and stuff with an adjustable pivot. Something that can be shimmed, and have a sprung washer in. I'd suspect there would be a subreddit for those who do papercraft, stationary and such. Also nothing beats a really well tuned guillotine!

I guess in looking it really comes down to how you're going to use them. It appears there are many higher end brands of hairdresser shears, but for cutting paper and office work I really don't see anything. The Fiskars mentioned I'm sure are great and inexpensive scissors, I'm sure the way to go. Just figured there'd also be a line of some interesting ones like everything else.

Consider Cutco scissors. Lifetime warrantee and they can resharpen when necessary

Hey, we're getting somewhere! Those look interesting... thanks
A knife maker on this board was showing some scissors that he was producing and they were very well made. His name escapes me at the moment but it will come to me. If anyone else remembers his name please chime in becouse I was in the market for a nice pair myself.

kai 7000 series, the best on the market. I have used them over 10 yrs daily at work and still on my first pair. not cheap but they last. Fiskars and wiss aren't even close to them

FortyTwoBlades FortyTwoBlades here on the forums had a bunch of old time shears made and has them for sale. When I say old time I mean shears that are heavy with tight tolerances that can cut large amounts of paper without any stress. I’d rate them as excellent for home/business use.

I used mine from 42B today to cut up an old, dirty rug today so it would fit into our garbage can, made short work of it. John

Back