Magna

Here are some pictures of the new Magna that Outdoor Edge will be making. It's about as close to my Model 4 GT as we could get. This is the large (4" blade) model. 3" one to follow.

OEM4GTL.jpg

OEM4LClip.jpg

smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Rob Cude (edited 19 February 1999).]

Too many nice knives hitting the market in the next few months. I'm going to need a second job to pay for them. Oh well.
Blades

Rob,

Nice looking knife. What materials and steel are you planning to use? What color handle? Metal clip (can't tell from the picture too well although there seems to be screws.)?

sing

I hope you make it in bright colors. I like red handles.
smile.gif

------------------
-Greg Johnson
ICQ#4236341

[This message has been edited by gregj62 (edited 21 February 1999).]

Was able to see a proto of the knife at the Shot Show. It seems as if the knife could be run over by a tank and come out fine. Hey Bill Mc. from a fellow clip hater this is one of the few knives that I might not take the clip off of (that recessed area is great). It does not feel like there is an umbilical chord thrown onto the knife as an afterthought.

The Magna will be offered with a standard aluminum finish for the first few runs, other color may come late this year. It will also be available in Zytel and a smaller version in the winter of 99. Handles are cold forged aluminum 6061, with an AUS-8A blade. The pocket clip is recessed as metioned for the reason of staying out of your way and allowing for a comfortable grip during use. I think all you non-clip users will be very impressed. :)

------------------
Blue Skies,
Rob
OEC
www.outdooredge.com

Back