Need help with a 110 Auto

Mr. Tettnanger

Gold Member
I need help with a 110 Auto that is not working. I bought this off the forum about a month ago and it was as new. I have not used it other than opening it a few dozen times to get the feel of it. The blade has never opened with authority or a hearty thwack. I got it out this morning to put up for sale, and now the blade is not firing out at all. It flips out a 1/4 to 1/2 the way and stops. There were several times when the button didn't release the blade at all.

I hosed the inside down with WD40 to try and clean it out. That didn't help much. I hosed it down a second time and it is still not working.

I'm pretty frustrated. I can send it in for repair but was hoping to avoid that.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks!

All you need to do is oil the pivot. The 110 and 112 auto if not lubricated will struggle to function correctly. Be generous with the oil and wipe off excess. Work the action a couple of times without opening or closing fully and should fire right out.

I tried that first before I flushed it out. Didn't work.

I'll try again. I appreciate the help. Thank you

What oil are you using, should be a lite oil nothing to thick so it can get between the brass and blade. We have had great success with KPL oil if you happen to have some.

I used Weapon Shield. I just flushed it out again and used a different oil, FP-10, and it is working like a champ now. I don't hear any grittiness in the action when closing like I have heard from the start. Pretty stoked now.

Thanks!

Back