Need tsukamaki service references

Have a nice blade in a cruddy saya that needs re-laqqured and the handle wrapped. I have found many wanting $14 a inch to do it. Main thing is I want someone good to do it.

Rule of thumb, you get what you pay for. It is a lot more to it than meets the eye. If it is done correctly, that is.
I can tell you more if you would like to contact me at the email below.

14 an inch plus materials is the going rate in the USA with most of the up and coming craftsmen. To say, "you get what you pay for" is generally a good phrase to use but not in this case. Most, if not all of these folks have galleries that showcase their work so you can be the judge. I do this work myself and I will say that often times it doesn't equal out to minimum wage if you break it down. ESPECIALLY if it's a lower end production katana. There are all kinds of mess the craftsman has to fix to do the job correctly. I wouldn't be so quick to write off the up and comers when a lot of the really good people have moved out of the low end production katana wrap market. You can always find a tutorial and have at it yourself! Best of luck!

Back