New BK76!!!

KA-BAR announced the BK76 via email on April 10th at 1:23pm. I received an email confirming my order 37 minutes later at 2pm.

Today, my order was finally delivered to my job site 30+ miles away from my house and I was working remotely. A work colleague is doing me a solid and dropping the box off later tonight.

16 days later, I should finally have my BK76 tonight. Damn odyssey! Insane it took so long.

Recent Magnacut acquisitions…
IgVfqjB.jpeg

Digging mine!

I actually purchased mine to stash in the glove box of my truck because the CPK EDC1 is just too nice for that... But now I'm starting to think the Becker is a bit too nice to be hidden in the glove box too. 🤣

z44rln8.jpeg

uUN5gdN.jpeg

wzw2coK.jpeg

I work at an oyster restoration hatchery and live next to the Chesapeake Bay, so a knife with excellent corrosion resistance is a no-brainer. I also love how comfortable my BK16 is in hand, so this knife was a win-win. I will say ( OFFICIAL_KA-BAR OFFICIAL_KA-BAR ) that the knife should have come with a better sheath than a leftover plastic one made for a BK18/19. The other disappointment was that the blue scales are smaller than the original micarta version from KaBar. They don’t cover the entire handle, leaving the tang sticking out on both top and bottom (you can see the bottom on the pic). I tried swapping them with a spare set of the brown micarta ones, but those are actually a bit bigger than the handle.

That being said, I’ve wanted a stainless BK16 for years and now I have one. Now it’s time to get it dirty.

Last edited:
One of these followed me home this weekend.
The scales being slightly smaller than the steel caused no hot spots while carving on a chunk of softwood, and I absolutely love the texture, as they are not as slick as the brown micarta scales on my 18.

Back