New Clip Design

Hi Anne,

Is Chris working on a new clip design for the sebenzas?

------------------
Johnny
[]xxxxxx[]=============>

Hi, I visited the Paris blade show and had a talk with mister Reeve about his knives and also about an idea I had on a small fixed sebenza-isch neck knife. He replied that he wasn't even thinking about such a knife because he was to busy, if I remember it correctly he said something like he had several "projects" with others to think about.
I talked to him about the shallow serrations on the top of the blade of my Sable IV (to put your thumb on) and why they weren't deeper. He replied one person wants them deep, if you then make them deeper sudenly 10 people want them less deep. He also told me some people wanted a clip on the Sebenza, then you make a clip and then other people don't want it and complain that if you take the clip of they have an "uggly" hole so you have to make a filler for it.
Listening to Mr. Reeve I didn't get the impression that a new clip is about to happen
smile.gif
Last remark, customer service from Chris Reeve is NON PLUS ULTRA absolutely the best I've ever encountered.
Take care, Bagheera

------------------

[This message has been edited by Bagheera (edited 15 October 1999).]

That's all very true Bagheera, and I agree completely. There are always compromises. What I'm thinking of isn't a compromise, it's an improvement. I recall on the CRK forum over at knifeforums.com that Anne said that Chris has been looking at the clip a lot lately.

------------------
Johnny
<FONT COLOR=#ff0000>[</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>]</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>]</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>></FONT>

Johnny, the clip was added, but I don’t consider it an improvement. It has forced another compromise as picky people like me just had to have that annoying little insert. If you change the clip, then some people will only want the old clip (and if that happens, I am sitting on a gold mine). If you make the double thumb stud standard (an improvement) then some people will complain because it might snag their clothes or some such.

Face it, it might improve the knife for you, but it could render it useless to me.

------------------
James Segura
San Francisco, CA

Doesn't this thread illustrate the "you can't please all of the people all of the time" problem!!!

Chris is looking at a different type of clip but he is still exploring different things and we are a ways away from making any changes.

Anne

Back