New One - 5" LEK

Here's my first NWA, a 5" LEK in 3/16" A2. The handle is black & tan - natural micarta over black micarta. The handle feels great in the hand. The blade is beautifully ground and is ridiculously sharp. The overall fit and finish is excellent. Sorry for the pictures - they truly don't do the knife justice. I'll try to snap a couple in natural light when I take this out on a deer scouting trip tomorrow.

The real story here is not the great design and workmanship of Nick's knives. It is the terrific customer service Nick delivers. I had originally ordered this same knife in O1 with burlap micarta handles. The knife arrived looking great except for some strange black deposits just above the edge in a couple of places. I used some flitz and a leather strop and was able to remove the deposits. One spot appeared to have very minor pitting. I told Nick and and asked me to send the knife back. He cleaned it up and it looked fine. He put it back in the sheath and the next morning the black deposit had reappeared. Nick sent me an email and insisted on making me a new knife, this time in A2. Since he was out of the burlap, he offered to do the black and tan for me if I didn't want to wait for him to order more burlap. I gave him the go-ahead and you see the result. As others have said, Nick is great to work with and stands behind his work 100%. Can't wait to try this bad boy out tomorrow.

Attachments

• NWA 007.jpg
    NWA 007.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 177
  • NWA 008.jpg
    NWA 008.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 97
  • NWA 009.jpg
    NWA 009.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 109
  • NWA 013.jpg
    NWA 013.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 67
That is a sweet looking setup. The dual color scales just press all the right buttons for me.

Nick's the man :thumbup: That's one nice looking NWA too :thumbup: How do you like it so far?

Back