ODDITIES! WONDERS! THRILLS! ITS THE GREAT CASE PASS AROUND #38!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamFuzzyballs

Gold Member
Yes, indeed friends!

Step right up and take a look at the wonderful, intriguing, MYSTIFYING knives that have traveled from all corners of the country! And some of these could be yours if you simply enter the Case pass around below!

Let’s see the treasures that lie within! These are what arrived in the box-

IMG_0043.png

Immediately I could see that there were plenty of variations in the box. Delrin “work knives”, unique colored bone, and a few interesting patterns I’d never actually handled.
I debated, fiddled with and analyzed every knife in the case, much to my wife’s annoyance. The last three nights have ended with “thwack, thwack, THWACK” as I opened and closed each and every blade just once more. I finally settled on three somewhat out of my comfort zone.
IMG_0032.jpeg
The first choice I made was the abalone peanut- I’ve long wanted a peanut with a bail. And the scissors seemed practically useless until I realized they are the perfect mustache trimmers for on-the-go grooming.

The green bone mini trapper won me over because of its unique color and blade pairing. I can’t stand normal trappers, but this wharncliffe replacement for the Spey seems like a powerhouse for EDC.

Finally, I realized I have not owned what might be the quintessential Case stockman. Despite my feelings toward the Spey blade, this knife just called to me. I really want to give it a go as my only carry for a while and see if I’ve been missing out, my hatred for the Spey is easily outmatched by that lovely little Turkish clip!

My coworker/ knife friend saw me looking through the package and as he is just beginning his journey into traditionals, he took an attachment to the butterbean and the russlock, so I figured he should try them out and maybe make a Case convert out of him yet😉
IMG_0044.png

Now for the fun part- I will be adding some fantastic knives with great fit and finish. Going in the box will include:

-CV Muskrat
IMG_0036.jpeg

CV mid-folding hunter
IMG_0033.jpeg
-first production run smooth white bone jackknife
IMG_0034.jpeg
- a “normal “ mini trapper
IMG_0035.jpeg
And finally, a Tony Bose Yukon jack WITH pretty basic but heavy duty sheath I made for it! I hate letting this one go but I got to try out some new patterns so I wanted to add a knife that maybe somebody hasn’t gotten a chance to play with!
IMG_0037.jpeg

Rules for the passaround are as follows:

*I will randomly draw a winner and send the box to them.
*They will choose two, three, or however many knives.
*They will replace the knives with some of their own (Case Knives Only).
*They will hold their own drawing and pass the box on to the next person.

*Porch Members Only!
*Must have over 50 posts in the Traditional Knife Forum.
*Must be a paying member of Bladeforums.
*These rules must follow the box every time or John will call foul.

If you would like to be entered in the next drawing please reply to this thread and let me know.

I will let this run until next Monday with a few bumps and then use an internet random wheel of fortune gizmo to draw the winner!
Thanks for looking, I’ll bump it every couple of days and maybe we can get some more people interested!! Thanks!!

Some good choices and additions... especially that Muskrat. 🤠 :thumbsup:

Some good choices and additions... especially that Muskrat. 🤠 :thumbsup:
They’re getting hard to find in carbon steel. I always feel like I’ll regret getting rid of some knives (usually I do!) but also for me the joy in traditionals is that when you think you’ve found “your pattern” you find something new you never expected. I love that you started this because I wouldn’t have had much exposure to many of the patterns otherwise.

The last passaround I participated in lead me to a near perfect Case Barlow, which I had really never been interested in. Now it’s one of my permanent keepers. If I could ever find a halfway decent deal on a two bladed carbon swayback, I think I’d be happy with the state of my collection for a while. Yeah, right😏

I’m gonna bump this again later with a few pictures of what else remains in the box- honestly there’s not a loser in the thing, something for everyone!

I always feel like I’ll regret getting rid of some knives (usually I do!) but also for me the joy in traditionals is that when you think you’ve found “your pattern” you find something new you never expected.
I known what you mean... Today I had a hankerin' to carry a 47 Stockman, but then remembered that I gave them away because I thought they were too big. 🤣

Hey count me in -
I am very glad to see the green mini-wharn-trapper moving. It has a bunch of sentimental value to me, and it's great to see it becoming part of someone else's story!

Bump! Tomorrow night I’ll draw for the next round!
I was hoping to post some more pics to get some attention but bad weather has plagued us all week!

If you’re on the fence, jump in! This is a lot of fun and you might find a new favorite!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back