Older discontinued Benchmade Models you wish you could find

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember older Benchmade knives?

I found out about Benchmade knives in 2007 and bought my first Griptilian then - a 551sbk that’s in my pocket now. I’ve had various other Benchmades over the years that have come and gone. I have been to the Benchmade factory a couple of times and worked a travel job not far from there before covid happened. The Griptilian is probably my favorite knife and I have a few and waiting on a custom shop one.

Looking back to being eighteen back then I remember seeing red box Benchmades and I remember the fixed Griptilian among other things. I had a 710 at one point before they were discontinued which I of course regret getting rid of. I wish I would’ve purchased them back then when they were available. I’d have loved a fixed grip and an Ambush.

Maybe Benchmade will rerelease some of their older designs someday.

What were some of your favorite discontinued Benchmades? Feel free to post them!

Mini Dejavoo. I had one and like an idiot gave it to my nephew because I thought he needed a nice knife. I thought I would just pick up a replacement but they had been discontinued and I didn’t know it.

I think they’ve had hits and misses, probably similarly today as they used to. I’m sure they’ve had models in the past that they released and discontinued soon after. These days they seem to have found new cornerstone items like the Bugout and the Crooked River while also reviving the older quintessential Benchmades (Griptilian, Barrage).

But I do wish they would do limited releases of older knives sometimes too. I don’t even know if that’s possible or feasible but it would be cool.

Is it just me or are most of the classic BM models better than today's offerings...

AFCK
Strkyer
Etc.

Benchmade 520. Probably my favorite benchmade through the years. I wish I could get it in a new steel. Cru-wear please.

Reactions: GKM
I have both sizes of the Boguszewski spikes. An update in G10 or titanium would be cool.

I have to be honest, those new kitchen knives look awesome. Remind me of the old school Benchmade knives for sure.

I always wanted a 630 but they were too expensive when they were in production and are only worse now.

For a long time in the early 2000s before I really got into knives I had a first run 750 Pinnacle that I loved. I beat on that thing constantly and had a lot of good memories while carrying it. Wish I could find one now but the only ones I ever see for sale are the slightly different production models.

Being able to buy back my lime green 555 I sold during the recession would be nice too.

I have a small McHenry Williams from 1998 (don't recall the model number) that has seen some pretty heavy service. I retired it from rotation a while ago and am still kicking myself for buying my spouse the Sequel and not grabbing myself one at the same time. Love those models.

I need to reacquire a darkstar. It was the first knife I truly “needed” to have. I bought a Stryker first because it was much more tacticool and cheaper. Both got misplaced along the way but only is missed.

Reactions: GKM
AFCK BM800- I sold 4 of them and now have none. I would like another one, but doubt that I will ever get one!
I lost my original round hole liner lock AFCK that was my EDC for over 20 years.
I was given a beater, but I'd pay good money for the right one.

Brend Talon, 1991 Special Edition, 600. (sometimes erroneously referred to as the Talon 1)
Plain edge Tsunami.

I've been searching for 850 Mel Pardue non serrated at a reasonable price, I balked at a few, now I wished I pulled the trigger because some of the prices now are ridiculous

Although I am fortunate enough to own a 10100 lfk, I sure would like another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back