Order Of KAI: Points Thread!

We've had ours for 2 or 3 years. They're still sharp and in good shape. The bread knife and the paring knife are my favorites. We liked them so much we bought a set for each of our kids. Plus, you can't beat the Costco price.

And I forgot about these, too:

3644970333_52cea93ff6_o.jpg

HOw are these for kitchen knives? I just picked up a set at Costco for the wife. I was stoked when I saw they where made by Kershaw!

We've had ours for 2 or 3 years. They're still sharp and in good shape. The bread knife and the paring knife are my favorites. We liked them so much we bought a set for each of our kids. Plus, you can't beat the Costco price.

Nice! Good to know. Giving them to the wife as a surprise christmas present but there more for me. lol

Nice! Good to know. Giving them to the wife as a surprise christmas present but there more for me. lol

They're a fun gift, the colors really stand out in the knife drawer. Not the same old boring black and polished steel.

Merry Christmas to you two.

I couldn't stand trying to get them all in one picture. I don't have that many, but I just like sectioning them off a bit. Also, I forgot one at the end, and forgot my Blur at the beginning. I wanted to wait for my 2 BFC Skylines to come in, but I don't know when that will be so whatever. Here ya go fellas!

1 point for every 4 Kershaws owned: 5.25
1 point for every 1 ZT owned: 6
1/2 point for every "Limited Edition knife" Kershaw or ZT owned: 3
1 point for every 200 posts: 3.45
1 point for every 50 posts of value in the Kershaw section: 10 (It says I have 562, but I'm sure a few of those were just silly, I'm guessing 500 even).
1 point for every 10 threads of a positive nature started in the Kershaw section: 1
1 point for a recommendation from a current club member: Anyone want to throw me a bone? :p
2 points for a gold BF membership: 2

Total: 30.7, so let's call it 30. :D

If need be, I'll post the links to the threads of value. I looked through my thread history, and found 11 that I think actually gave good information or discussion. Should be verifiable. :) Also, these points don't count the other CF154 Blur on its way from Dave (no picture of it) or the blue Skylines...but at this point it doesn't really matter. DRAT!

And of course...pictures!

collection1.JPG

collection2.JPG

collection3.JPG

collection4.JPG

collection5.JPG

collection6.JPG

collection7.JPG

collection8.JPG

collection9.JPG

collection91.JPG

That's a Packrat that was pimped by Tuffthumbz. He did a great job. The back spacer is carbon fiber. :)

Fantastic collection STD! Thanks for sharing.

What happened to that busted up blade in pics 6, 7, & 8?

BTW: Great photos, too.

I couldn't stand trying to get them all in one picture. I don't have that many, but I just like sectioning them off a bit. Also, I forgot one at the end, and forgot my Blur at the beginning. I wanted to wait for my 2 BFC Skylines to come in, but I don't know when that will be so whatever. Here ya go fellas!

1 point for every 4 Kershaws owned: 5.25
1 point for every 1 ZT owned: 6
1/2 point for every "Limited Edition knife" Kershaw or ZT owned: 3
1 point for every 200 posts: 3.45
1 point for every 50 posts of value in the Kershaw section: 10 (It says I have 562, but I'm sure a few of those were just silly, I'm guessing 500 even).
1 point for every 10 threads of a positive nature started in the Kershaw section: 1
1 point for a recommendation from a current club member: Anyone want to throw me a bone? :p
2 points for a gold BF membership: 2

Total: 30.7, so let's call it 30. :D

If need be, I'll post the links to the threads of value. I looked through my thread history, and found 11 that I think actually gave good information or discussion. Should be verifiable. :) Also, these points don't count the other CF154 Blur on its way from Dave (no picture of it) or the blue Skylines...but at this point it doesn't really matter. DRAT!

He had a claustrophobia attack in a broken elevator If memory serves right!

Thank you gentlemen. :) And yes, Mr. Juju has it right. Snapped off prying an elevator door open. ZT replaced the blade, which is why it's blank. I love that knife, use it all the time.

1 point for every 4 Kershaws owned. 19 Kershaws= 4.75 points
1 point for every 1 ZT owned. 5= 5 points
1 point for every "Knife of the Year" owned. CLICK HERE FOR Knife of the Year thread
1/2 point for every "Limited Edition knife" Kershaw or ZT owned 1x ZT 0780= .5 (at least I think it is LE based on the "was it in a catalog" theory)
1 point for every year of BF membership. ( ehhhh...not quite)
1 point for every 200 posts.
1 point for every 50 posts of value in the Kershaw section. 66 posts in the sub-forum= 1 point
1 point for every 10 threads of a positive nature started in the Kershaw section.
1 point for a recommendation from a current club member
1 point for a paid BF membership

2 points for a gold BF membership. = 2 points

4.75 + 5 + .5 + 1 + 2 = 13.25 by my tally

I agree to follow the Kode of Konduct.

Lowest number available is fine.

So I think I got everything down.

I own one ZT (0561) so I get a point for that (I only own one ZT, one Kershaw and one Shun. That was a wake up call for me:p)
I've been a member here for four years so that's another 4 points making the total five so far.
I have 2000+ posts so that's another 10 points making it 15.
I have 142 posts in this subforum so I'll just say 100 of them are useful:D that's 2 more points.

Grand Total: 17 points.

Here's the ZT. I know the Scallion and Shun don't count but I figured I'd throw them in anyway.

Ugly picture I know.
001-11_zps96f0e8fd.jpg

ok guys sorry this took so long but here is my picture finally, I am not going to include all of my points because I hit the correct number easily and don't want to figure all of them up from posts right now.... maybe later.

Score 12 points:
1 point for every 4 Kershaws owned. - 5 points
1 point for every 1 ZT owned. - 5 points
1 point for every "Knife of the Year" owned. Knife of the Year thread
1/2 point for every "Limited Edition knife" Kershaw or ZT owned - I'll say 3 for the skylines and packrats at a quick glance
1 point for every year of BF membership.
1 point for every 200 posts. - 1 point
1 point for every 50 posts of value in the Kershaw section. Click your name at top of screen, select the "post area" tab. ( “Ok”,”cool”, are not of value) - lets say 4 points just to be sure they are of value
2 points for a gold BF membership. - 2 points

there are 20 points lol here is a pic of my growing collection... soon a bf skyline will be in there drool lol

DSCN0550_zps89a488ab.jpg

Score 12 points:

1 point for every 4 Kershaws owned. = 2
1 point for every 1 ZT owned. = 3
1 point for every Shun owned. = 0
1 point for every "Knife of the Year" owned. CLICK HERE FOR Knife of the Year thread = 0
1/2 point for every "Limited Edition knife" Kershaw or ZT owned = 1
1 point for every year of BF membership. = 1
1 point for every 200 posts. = 2
1 point for every 50 posts of value in the Kershaw section. Click your name at top of screen, select the "post area" tab. ( “Ok”,”cool”,”” are not of value) = 5
1 point for every 10 threads of a positive nature started in the Kershaw section. (Please post threads of content) = 0
1 point for a recommendation from a current club member = 0
1 point for a paid BF membership. = 1
2 points for a gold BF membership. = 0
3 Points for Platinum & Craftsmen memberships. = 0
5 Points for Dealer membership = 0
9 Points for Pirate membership = 0
3 points for visiting the Kershaw factory. (3 points Max) = 0
1 point for attending Kershaw events (Blade, SHOT, etc.) = 0
3 points for a whole collection of model or series (Own every Leek, ZT0350 or own every CB, or every Blue Kershaw, etc) = 0

POINTS TOTAL = 15 POINTS

2zh1fuw.jpg

Score 12 points:

1 point for every 4 Kershaws owned. = 2
1 point for every 1 ZT owned. = 3
1 point for every Shun owned. = 0
1 point for every "Knife of the Year" owned. CLICK HERE FOR Knife of the Year thread = 0
1/2 point for every "Limited Edition knife" Kershaw or ZT owned = 1
1 point for every year of BF membership. = 1
1 point for every 200 posts. = 2
1 point for every 50 posts of value in the Kershaw section. Click your name at top of screen, select the "post area" tab. ( “Ok”,”cool”,”” are not of value) = 5
1 point for every 10 threads of a positive nature started in the Kershaw section. (Please post threads of content) = 0
1 point for a recommendation from a current club member = 0
2 points for a gold BF membership. = 0
3 Points for Platinum & Craftsmen memberships. = 0
5 Points for Dealer membership = 0
9 Points for Pirate membership = 0
3 points for visiting the Kershaw factory. (3 points Max) = 0
1 point for attending Kershaw events (Blade, SHOT, etc.) = 0
3 points for a whole collection of model or series (Own every Leek, ZT0350 or own every CB, or every Blue Kershaw, etc) = 0

POINTS TOTAL = 15 POINTS

2zh1fuw.jpg

1 point for every 4 Kershaws owned. = 2.5 (10 Total)
1 point for every 1 ZT owned.
1 point for every Shun owned.
1 point for every "Knife of the Year" owned. CLICK HERE FOR Knife of the Year thread
1/2 point for every "Limited Edition knife" Kershaw or ZT owned = 3 (x2 Orange Skyline, x2 Brown Skyline, x1 Black-Bladed OD-2, x1 Black-Bladed Tanto Zing)
1 point for every year of BF membership.
1 point for every 200 posts. = 1
1 point for every 50 posts of value in the Kershaw section. Click your name at top of screen, select the "post area" tab. ( “Ok”,”cool”,”” are not of value) = 3
1 point for every 10 threads of a positive nature started in the Kershaw section. (Please post threads of content)
1 point for a recommendation from a current club member
2 points for a gold BF membership.
3 Points for Platinum & Craftsmen memberships.
5 Points for Dealer membership
9 Points for Pirate membership
3 points for visiting the Kershaw factory. (3 points Max)
1 point for attending Kershaw events (Blade, SHOT, etc.)
3 points for a whole collection of model or series (Own every Leek, ZT0350 or own every CB, or every Blue Kershaw, etc) = 3 (Got both of the OD-2's.)

I might post threads of content. Also, sorry for the crappy phone picture. :eek:

Total= 13.5 Points

GetAttachment.aspx

Last edited:
Back