PLEASE POST YOUR TRADITIONAL GERMAN FIXED BLADES & POCKET KNIVES,

Campbellclanman

Platinum Member
Hi Everyone :)

There were MANY Solingen Firms that produced outstanding Pocket Knives as well as Fixed Blades, some of these the finest possible work there is.

I would like to share a few examples of fine work done by some of these Cutlers, Please share yours, Antique, Vintage to new are welcome- But lets keep it traditional :):thumbsup: Post such Greats as HERDER, CARL SCHLIEPER, Robbi Klaas - Oh Boy- the list goes on...etc

Please Note:
We already have a dedicated HENCKELS Thread, and also a dedicated BOKER Thread - so please although it would be nice have your photos of these very nice Knives in here- please post in these Threads, I think its very important to keep the Henckels and Boker Threads running as strong as they can be as there is so much history, Facts, education and amazing Photos in these Threads - they must keep going.

Here is a real nice Two Bladed Jack by Lutters & Co, Man the Polished finish on the Baldes is outstanding and a pure pain when trying to Photograph the Knife lol
LOVE the Wood used, Swage work is great! As you could imagine the Walk and Talk is outstanding - a very nicely finished Knife.

4s7Dr2D.jpg

NP1dT3Y.jpg

MkQCTTX.jpg

Please forgive the reflections on the Blade in the Photograph..
DFLvu8R.jpg

Z3j2hEj.jpg

Last edited:
Here is quite a nice Knife, man when you have this Knife in front of you, it really does exhume Quality! Abercrombie & Fitch - made by many Cutler manufacturers, this Knife is made by Ed Wusthof, Solingen - now I have a few of of Wusthof's knives and every one is extremely well made, I have a real nice Stage Whittler and it matches a Henckels Stag Whittler is every way - small cosmetic differences, but the fit and finish to their Knives, and the Quality is outstanding!

i7lVdRt.jpg

4prEsUZ.jpg

gtJtD56.jpg

hj7JW3x.jpg

I hide this Knife from my Wife for obvious reasons just in case she gets a Flash in her mind o_O
Beautiful Jig work makes these Bone Handles amazing, the Carbon Blade Sharpens to an absolute Scalpel, Super Super strong pull that does not go down with my weaker Nails other wise this would be in my EDC a lot!

wM1Fa3o.jpg

HqvqAs6.jpg

YGMYKJY.jpg

Here is a Knife from Olsen, Germany. At times you will see the 10 inch versions come up but very rarely do you see these bigger boys come up at all, the difference with this other than the more often seen Generic 70's to 80's Generic "Bowie" Knives, these Olsens have a massively different Clip Point to make them a real nice Hunter / Bowie Knife. 8 inch Blade 13 inches overall. File Work is Factory.
I have more Fixed Blades that I need to catch up on with Photos, so in time these will pop up.

Great thread idea Duncan, you have a wonderful collection my friend :) :thumbsup:

Here's one of my all-time favourites, and a knife I always enjoy carrying and using :) I'm sure you recognise this lovely old Carl Schlieper Duncan, one of several wonderful knives you gifted me in Sheffield :thumbsup:

rutsBaY.jpg

Wow Jack - no surprises that you will have more than a few German Knives, oh yes my friend so remember that Carl Schlieper well - that Knife was a favourite- I wasn’t too up on my Sharpening with the Traditional Stones - but that thing used to sharpen up to be scalpel like! Wonderfully built that Knife.
I remember Vince had quite a handful of these - I regret not buying the lot of them - but I am sure that we ALL could say that about some time in our past dealings in Knives.

All those Knives are great - that Richartz is a beauty!

Here is quite a nice Knife, man when you have this Knife in front of you, it really does exhume Quality! Abercrombie & Fitch - made by many Cutler manufacturers, this Knife is made by Ed Wusthof, Solingen - now I have a few of of Wusthof's knives and every one is extremely well made, I have a real nice Stage Whittler and it matches a Henckels Stag Whittler is every way - small cosmetic differences, but the fit and finish to their Knives, and the Quality is outstanding!

i7lVdRt.jpg

4prEsUZ.jpg

gtJtD56.jpg

hj7JW3x.jpg
That's a great looking knife, Sir!
And, I'm loving the grain on those walnut wood handle scales 👍

Here's one that I own, (also made by Ed Wusthof, Solingen), that is likely a sibling to your own specimen...

Last edited:
The following little knife was made in Germany, (Lion Cutlery/Vom Cleff & Co. 1887-1930), for the Bartholomay Brewing Company based out of Rochester NY. The brewery was eventually put out of business because of the hardships placed upon it during the Prohibition era.
Both it, and the antique German made cigar nipper I placed here alongside of it, are scaled in Mother of Pearl.
I believe the knife's toothpick is legitimately made of genuine sea tortoise shell.

The coolest thing about it is... I found it while perusing through a bunch of gadgets in a box at a local thrift store, and the fact that I only paid 99 cents plus tax for it!
One' got to love a bargain price on such a little piece of history! 👍😁👍

Henry Bartholomay, (1829-September 3, 1906), was born in Frankfurt, Germany, into a brewing family. In 1850 he came to America and two years later, in 1852, he opened the Phillip Will and Henry Bartholomay Brewery in Rochester, New York. Five years later he bought out his partner, and in 1857 it became known as the Henry Bartholomay Brewery, and later was called the Bartholomay Brewing Co. The brewery survived prohibition by making ice cream, but closed a year after reopening after it was repealed, in 1934.

Last edited:
Pt-Luso - Thank you got showing that Puma - another legendary Name!

Will power I didn’t think it would be long until the Mercator shows itself - a very nice Copper example at that!
Your Stag is a stunner - yes the German Cutlers used that lock system well!

PK Jimmy - a very Handsome Brother at that - very nice to see that very nice example- thank you so much for that!

Hickory - nice office Knife - I also have viewed a few of your well done mods 👍

PK Jimmy - wow that’s a fancy post! Now how is that fir a nice deep Bkade etch!!! That bargain would have to be the deal of the Century.

Thanks for the Show gents!

Back