Post your Arno Bernard Pic's!

I ordered a few directly from Arno at a knife show before they came out. He had samples for show. When I got them I noticed that the clips were a bit weak and the knife would slip out of my pocket too easily. I wrote to Arno and he agreed there was a problem with the clips and he would make me new ones. Several months went by and I contacted him again. He assured me that I would get news clips. Several more months went by and again I contacted him. He then claimed he was too busy making new knives and didn’t have time to fix the clip problem.
IMHO, a lousy way to treat customers.
View attachment 1892108

Is this Arno Bernard Sr, the custom maker who you dealt with? Or Arno Bernard Knives the brothers who you dealt with?

VVE5s1n.jpeg

All from the days of the tapered tang. Also from the days of the cape Buffalo Sheath. Bernard Sr.
The Giraffe Bone on the far right is the knife I've carried for 10 years or more. It is absolutely a razor. Been well cared for and treated like a knife and not a can opener.
The other three in Ivory have never been carried, used, or sharpened. All are tapered tangs.
All acquired between 2011 and 2013. Two Wild Dogs, a Jackal, and the Gecko.
ZhfqrmY.jpg

r7C8rXY.jpg

Last edited:
All from the days of the tapered tang. Also from the days of the cape Buffalo Sheath. Bernard Sr.
The Giraffe Bone on the far right is the knife I've carried for 10 years or more. It is absolutely a razor. Been well cared for and treated like a knife and not a can opener.
The other three in Ivory have never been carried, used, or sharpened. All are tapered tangs.
All acquired between 2011 and 2013. Two Wild Dogs, a Jackal, and the Gecko.
ZhfqrmY.jpg

r7C8rXY.jpg

Those are beautiful. My kinda handle materials!!
Tapered tangs are just the icing on the cake.

Added another one to the family, was planning on ordering a Marmoset with Kudu Bone then this Jackal popped up on the Exchange not as flashy as the Marmoset would be but the Jackal will make a nice EDC. On the Squirrel it is amazing that even though it is a sub 6" knife how comfortable it feels in the hand and cuts like a scalpel.

Natural light on an overcast rainy day not the best lighting for this pic.

E88tYHU.jpg

Last edited:
Had this a short while, but overall the handle thickness proved too thick for my size grip so off she went, but, the fit and finish of this folder is amazing and the blade was ground down thin so it would easily cut.

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

and the clip side, prior to the lanyard that I tied on.

G2

Had this a short while, but overall the handle thickness proved too thick for my size grip so off she went, but, the fit and finish of this folder is amazing and the blade was ground down thin so it would easily cut.

and the clip side, prior to the lanyard that I tied on.

G2
That is beautiful Gary, shame you two couldn’t work things out😢 but happy it went to a wonderful home😀. But over the years a lot of wonderful knives have passed through your hands, each leaving better for the experience. This was no exception, your lanyards are legendary🤩

Thanks, yes I was sad to see that go but with the thick handle it just wasn't a fit for me, now, the smaller ones they make probably will be fine, just need to locate one in stock ;)
G2

Back