Rare/collectible- Buck spa treatment?

Got a really nice pre-date code Buck and the only blems are wear and tear on the finish (and it's dull). If I send it out for the refurb, do I ruin any of the collectors' value for future owners?

That's one you should call Buck before you send it in..I would also contact Leroy Reemer (RRR Knives) who is THE expert on older Bucks who would absolutely know exactly what to do with it. It probably would not be as inexpensive as Bucks regular Spa service but there's no doubt he would do a fantastic job with it.

Welcome to the Buck forum. Which model?
704 with script shield and block letter tang
6YhyQFK.jpeg

That's one you should call Buck before you send it in..I would also contact Leroy Reemer (RRR Knives)
Thanks for that, appreciated

When I sent one for spa treatment, I requested that they did not sharpen the blade. I also asked them to be careful not to round off the bolsters. I got the knife back exactly the way I wanted.

Tell them exactly what you want and what you don’t want.

Here is the one I sent.

view

The only picture I have of it when it came back. You can see it is still very square.

view

I don’t think you have anything to worry about, but you can also polish it yourself with some elbow grease.

I only sent mine in because I was sending in 4 others for blade replacements. So I figured shipping was free.

Last edited:
For some reason I thought it was a older fixed blade (pre 64) but send it in for the regular Spa.. It's not exactly rare or valuable so it would only enhance it's value.

Here is the one I sent.
Great to see, thanks. The 704 is dead nuts flat 90deg corners. I might try the ol toothpaste/mothers mag to see what happens
For some reason I thought it was a older fixed blade (pre 64) but send it in for the regular Spa.. It's not exactly rare or valuable so it would only enhance it's value.
Appreciated. I'll drop the shop a line to find out more, will probably send it in

Back